Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Permanent / Full Time Contract
35 hours per week
Based in Dublin Head Office
€ 28,143 per annum
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s Finance Team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for payroll, invoicing and service rent collection among other organisation finance tasks. This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of talented individuals.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- Checking and inputting of invoices and weekly payments for goods and services, liaising with projects and suppliers as needed
- Preparing detailed aged creditor listings on a monthly basis, reconciliation to supplier statements and preparation of payment runs
- Linking in with projects including ordering goods and supplies for projects on behalf of the relevant project manager
- On site visits to project locations including collection and tracking of weekly rent payments from residents of specified projects, including checking that social welfare claims are submitted on a monthly basis, and other assistance with the accounts receivable process, as needed
- Assisting with the petty cash process, as needed
- Assisting with bank reconciliations and other aspects of banking, as needed
- Assisting with NI accounts, as needed, and
- Preparing ad hoc reports and responding to general financial queries, as requested.
- Processing the ROI monthly payroll by the set dates, including liaising with HR and staff on payroll related matters and queries, issue of P45, P60 and other required statements, monthly payroll folder checks, processing of monthly payments for Revenue and liaison with Revenue arising and processing of pension scheme contributions
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a busy accounts function
- Experience using Sage Accounts, other equivalent packages
- Ability to balance multiple tasks, working to set deadlines
- Highly accurate and detail focused
- Experience in the charity sector is desirable but not essential.
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply though our on line application process on the vacancies page of our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: Tuesday 28th May 2019 at 4 pm
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled