Threshold specialises in providing high quality advice and advocacy services for people experiencing housing problems in both the private rental sector and the social housing sector in Ireland.
We do this by:
- Campaigning for suitable housing delivered on a rights base approach
- Analysing existing problems and seeking innovative approaches and solutions through quality research
- Providing independent advisory and advocacy services
- Working in collaboration with others for those disadvantaged by the housing system
Advice Worker, Community Employment (CE)
Purpose of job:
To work as part of a vibrant team, in a busy office environment, providing efficient and effective advice and advocacy services to people who contact Threshold with housing problems, with an emphasis on helping people to help themselves.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with service users
- Establish full details of query
- Explore with an advise caller of all options and their possible effects
- Help caller choose course of action
- Provide caller with accurate information using agency information resources
- Support callers in taking action themselves
- If appropriate, undertake follow-up work on behalf of caller, including advocacy and mediation or referral to other agency
- Keep accurate records of work with clients
Development, training and administration
- To keep up-to-date with information resources and technology and with relevant legislation, policies and practice
- In consolation with other staff members, identify staff training and development needs
- To contribute to Thresholds research and lobbying function; particularly by identifying queries which have wider implications
- To attend training sessions
- To participate in staff meetings
- To maintain and develop links with other relevant agencies to share in the necessary administrative and domestic tasks (including updating information, filing, compiling statistics)
- A level of basic IT skills to include Word and operation of a busy email account is essential
- A commitment to customer service and willingness to help people experiencing housing problems
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Team work
- Commitment to learning and developing
Induction and ongoing training will be provided both in-house and externally.
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (CE Scheme)
Responsible to Head of Finance and Operations
Main Purpose of Job
To be the first point of contact for members and the public. To provide administrative support to ensure the smooth and effective running of the Organisation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To be first point of contact for members and the public
- To open post and record same
- To provide administrative support to staff
- To maintain and order office stationery when required
- To maintain and order kitchen supplies when required
- To co-ordinate Boardroom calendars
- To take bookings for events and assist with registration
- To take and record bookings for function room
- To assist in setting up room for meetings and ensuring in good working order on a daily basis.
- To update database and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Attend team meetings and take minutes when required
- Attend supervision sessions with Head of Finance & Operations
Please apply with Cover letter and CV to the CE Supervisor at Threshold, Susan Lewis or Gladys Ogedegbe email: firstname.lastname@example.org