NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Minimum job requirements:
- 3rd level (or equivalent) qualification in construction or development project management.
- 2 years experience post graduation in construction or development project management.
- Proficiency and experience with computer software packages like Excel, Microsoft Office etc.
- Up to date knowledge of Safety, Health & Welfare at Work regulations including the construction regulations.
- Up to date and working knowledge of the building regulations.
- Up to date knowledge of housing legislation and policy.
Preferred job requirements:
- Co-ordination, organisational and project planning skills
- Critical thinking and analysis skills
- Developing and maintaining external relationships
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of quality service.
- Respect for others
- Openness to change
- Commitment to practice and professional development
- Good communication
- Commitment to health & safety
- Resilience and positive outlook.
- Effective team working.
All applications will be screened for eligibility using the essential qualifications, experience and skills outlined in the job specification. Only those applicants who possess the required essential criteria will be progressed to the next stage of the selection process.
About the job:
In house Project Management Coordinator with responsibility for the tracking, reporting and implementation of the property development programs for the Dublin Simon Community. The role will also involve assisting the Property Development Manager in the day to day running of the agreed property development programs in line with the current strategic objectives.
As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role.
- Working with the Property Development Manager coordinating the development and refurbishment programmes to track the progress, resources and delivery of all construction and refurbishment projects.
- Working alongside the members of the delivery team in coordinating, tracking and managing the individual project programmes.
- Assistance with tracking the progress of new supply into delivery through refurbishment and construction.
- Liaison with all property and finance team members on a regular basis to identify key milestones, critical dates, delays, and the impact on the critical path for individual projects.
- Alert the Property Development Manager, as early as possible, to any problems arising in relation to project progress, development, and delivery.
- The identification of working solutions and resources necessary to address identified delays.
- Liaison with the design and delivery team project managers in reviewing the contractor’s construction programme, ensuring they are in line with work flow and cash flow requirements.
- Production of reports for and attendance at organisational and project meetings as required by the Property Development Manager.
- Assistance with the implementation of the property development program which will include the construction of developments on greenfield and brownfield sites as well as the refurbishment and / or extension of new and existing building stock, in line with the organisational procurement policies.
- Supervision of the use of the property developments department’s physical assets including the organisational vehicle, surveying equipment, computer equipment etc.
- Development and maintenance of approved supplier’s database for property development department.
- Monitor quality standards to ensure works are specified and completed in compliance with legislative requirements, i.e. building regulations, fire safety, health and safety, etc.
- Monitoring the programme of works, including quality, timelines, health and safety, cost control and project handover.
- Assistance with the supervision and monitoring of the preparation of necessary scope of work and pricing documentation by appointed design team consultants in line with the documentation required for the transparent procurement of construction teams in line with public procurement guidelines.
- Co-ordination of project handover from contractor to facilities team, to ensure completion of all works, testing and training of systems and the hand over of the safety file.
- Liaison with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure service requirements are met at each stage of the project.
- Supporting colleagues on property related activities as identified by the Property Development Manager. This may involve assistance in the preparation of the design and delivery of refurbishment schemes, the presentation of project proposals and the preparation statutory grant applications.
- This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
Location: Red Cow lane, Dublin 7.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm. 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Please note, shortlisting will be in progress throughout the period that the vacancy is live, so you may be called for interview and/or the vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community.
Application due date: 23/06/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800