St Christophers Services CLG
St. Christopher's Service provides a person centred, comprehensive, efficient and innovative service to people with intellectual disabilities. It is a high quality, community-based service, based on identified individualised needs, enabling service users to reach their fullest potential. We are looking for staff who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our mission and national standards, underpinned by equity, quality, best practice and research.
Full-time and Part-time positions
Permanent, temporary, locum contracts
St Christophers Services has a range of work place opportunities for staff nurses. The post holders will maintain the highest attainable standards of person-centred care, to promote optimum independence and to enhance the quality of life of the Service User in all aspects of daily living. The staff nurse will assist and co-operate in the smooth running of the assigned area.
- Be on the current register as maintained by An Bord Altranais / NMBI and preferably possess the RNID qualification.
- Up to date knowledge of best practice in the field of health and social care and an ability to implement this, in accordance with the Nurse’s Act 2011
- Preferably have experience working with adults with an Intellectual Disability and must demonstrate an excellent understanding of the health, social and emotional needs of these individuals
- Knowledge and understanding of HIQA Standards and how they apply in practice & any other relevant legislative requirements.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Policy in terms of Child Protection and Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons
Informal enquiries to Ms Claire O’Dowd, Residential Co-ordinator, email, email@example.com Ph: 0861726756
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application and completed application form to the HR Department, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Department, before closing date stated below. Please ensure that you include details of a current daytime contact number and/or e-mail address on your application form.
A detailed Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Department by email: email@example.com
Latest date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm Monday 29th April 2019
A panel may be formed should this vacancy arise again over the next twelve months. Department of Health and Children salary scales will apply.
St Christopher’s is an equal opportunities employer.
Please refer to our website: www.stchristophers.ie