St Christophers Services CLG
St. Christopher's Service provides a comprehensive, efficient and innovative service to people with intellectual disabilities. It is a high quality, community-based service, based on identified individualised needs, enabling service users to reach their fullest potential. We are looking for staff who are committed to supporting people with disabilities and their families, in a person centred, community based, socially inclusive manner in accordance with our mission and national standards, underpinned by quality and best practice and research.
0.5 WTE Permanent Post
Leamore Park, Battery Road, Longford.
The post holder will work in close liaison with the Senior Clinical Psychologist of Muiriosa Foundation. S/he will work together with established teams (day service and residential) and will deliver coordinated positive behaviour support for adults living with intellectual disability/autism who access the service. The post holder will design, develop and deliver upon evidence based behaviour support initiatives to meet the complex behaviour support needs of individuals. This is a skilled position where the therapist is able to effectively and efficiently implement a variety of evidence based practices. This person will display creativity, diversity and forward thinking approaches in order to promote and empower individuals with intellectual disability/autism to live real and authentic lives as equal and valued members of society.
- Holds an honours degree in psychology or equivalent.
- Holds a relevant post graduate qualification that would meet eligibility for certification as per BACB (Behavioural Analyst Certification Board).
- Knowledge and experience of working with individuals with intellectual disability and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing effective positive behaviour support programmes and continual development of PBS competencies.
- Knowledge and experience of working with complex behaviours of concern.
- A commitment to person centred values, with an understanding of social role valorisation
- Experience of independently completing functional behavioural assessments, completing reports and communicating assessment findings
- Demonstrate an understanding of statutory obligations and frameworks (e.g. HIQA. Safeguarding, Trust in Care) that influence service delivery.
- Experience of effective and comprehensive of case management skills.
- Full driving licence and willing to travel within service areas.
Informal enquiries to: Ms Pauline Davis, Service Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: 043 334176 or
Ms Claire O’Dowd, Residential Co-ordinator, email, email@example.com Ph: 0861726756
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application and completed application form to the HR Department, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Department, before closing date stated below. Please ensure that you include details of a current daytime contact number and/or e-mail address on your application form.
A detailed Job Description, Person Specification and Application Form can be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Department by email: email@example.com
Latest date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm Friday 26th April 2019
A panel may be formed should this vacancy arise again over the next twelve months. Department of Health and Children salary scales will apply.
St Christopher’s is an equal opportunities employer.
Please refer to our website: www.stchristophers.ie