Minimum job requirements:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- NVQ II in Food Preparation or equivalent
- Food Safety / HACCP training
- Previous experience working in a food environment
Preferred job requirements:
- Higher Certificate in Culinary arts or NVQ Level 3 in Professional Cookery or FETAC Level 6 Major Award: Advanced Certificate in Professional Cookery or City and Guilds – Culinary Skills
- Higher Certificate Health and Nutrition for the Culinary Arts
- A full unrestricted driving licence
All applications will be screened for eligibility using the essential qualifications, experience and skills outlined in the job specification. Only those applicants who possess the required essential criteria will be progressed to the next stage of the selection process.
About the job:
As a Kitchen Coordinator you’ll support families in the Family Hub to organise meal cooking. Ensure high standard of cleaning and compliance with HACCP standards in the dining and kitchen areas at all times. You’ll report to the Service Manager / Service Supervisor.
- Engage with and build professional boundaries and trusting relationships with families working within the values of Dublin Simon Community.
- Maintain organised kitchen and communal areas compliant with Health & Safety and HACCP guidelines providing families with a safe and clean environment where to cook.
- Design and maintain a kitchen rota in consultation with families ensuring fair and equitable use.
- Deal promptly with any queries or complaints escalating to management as appropriate.
- Supervise preparation and serving areas and equipment daily following Health and Safety procedures.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance & upkeep of all equipment and storage facilities needed and used in the kitchen & communal areas.
- Educate and promote to families the need for stock rotation, cleaning, storage temperature checks etc.
- Participate in audits of all areas within the kitchen and storage areas to ensure complete adherence to agreed policies and complete any necessary corrective actions and continuous improvement plans from audit outputs.
- Assist with stock control procedures of donations and essentials.
- Undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post and be aware that social activities connected with the service may require work attendance outside normal working hours.
- Commitment to providing the highest quality service to clients, consistent with Dublin Simon Values.
- Commitment to providing choice, independence, health and well being.
- Demonstrates professional behaviour & opinions based on objective assessment.
- Takes initiative & responsibility.
Location: Family Hub, Gormanston, Co. Meath
Working Hours: (20 hours per week/7 day liability).
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Please note, shortlisting will be in progress throughout the period that the vacancy is live, so you may be called for interview and/or the vacancy may be filled before the closing date.
Note: The duties listed in this job description are not exhaustive and you may be expected to perform other duties as are reasonable in the course of your work with Dublin Simon Community.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 28/04/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800