Everything we do here at York House centres around making a difference to the lives of the people we serve. Whether living with cognitive impairment, mental ill health, drug or alcohol issues or debilitating illness, The Salvation Army Republic of Ireland will see the person and not the label. To help us do this, we have a team of exceptional specialist and support workers. There is now an opportunity to be a part of this incredible team.
The Salvation Army in the Republic of Ireland is part of the wider international Salvation Army, which is currently at work in 129 countries, demonstrating Christian principles through practical support and help to people of all ages, backgrounds and needs. We are a Christian Church and a registered charity.
Are you passionate about supporting those most vulnerable in our society?
We currently have the following vacancy within our York House Lifehouse:
(39 hours per week)
The Salvation Army, York House, Longford Street Little, Dublin 2.
€37,147.77 + €2,500 annual premium
Working in York House can be challenging but it is also deeply rewarding and satisfying. If you are enthusiastic, motivated, resilient, flexible and compassionate with a passion for supporting people and ensuring that our service users enjoy the highest quality of life we want to hear from you. The successful applicant will be expected to work in sympathy with the spiritual principles of The Salvation Army.
The Programme Coordinator is central to achieving positive outcomes for our vulnerable clients and has operational responsibility for service delivery within specific areas of responsibility. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team and service manager in the delivery of all day-to-day operational functions, ensuring a high quality service, while maintaining excellent health and safety standards.
- Ensuring effective handovers and information transmission for the service to run smoothly.
- Reporting to the service manager on daily operations and duties status.
- Managing the STA programme ensuring our KPI’s are met under the NQSF Framework
- Leading the induction and training of staff in operational duties.
- Overseeing the full service rota. Maintain records in and report on TMS
- Incident report management; provide support to staff; implement preventative or corrective actions and recommendations.
- Oncall responsibility.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of client development programmes.
- Providing support and supervision to a specific number of staff
- You will ensure the programmes you co-ordinate maximises client input and emphasises choice and control in all areas of service delivery. The core values will be an integral part of all programmes.
- Ensure the data protection policy is implemented, making process improvements where possible and audit the service’s compliance.
- A recognised third level qualification to degree level in one of the following areas: Social Studies, Psychology, Addiction, Youth Work, Social Care
- Two years’ experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor experience
- Two years’ experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable/ disadvantaged groups.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to delegate effectively and motivate self and others.
- Driving change improvement initiatives, team development and systems implementation.
- Passion for helping people, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment with a problem-solving attitude.
- Client-focused, adaptable, accountable, organised individual.
- Knowledge of housing services, KPI’s and management
- Knowledge of recruitment & HR
- Ability to assist in assessments, care planning and client reviews
What we offer:
- 23 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- A Rota that Compliments Work/Life Balance (Monday-Friday)
- Excellent Training
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for Career Progression
Please see Job Description and Application Form attached below.
To apply: Please return completed application form to: email@example.com
Do not send CV’s as they will not be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS: Thursday 25th April, 4pm
Job Ref: YHPC0419
Garda checks required
Promoting equality in the workplace.
The Salvation Army is a Christian church and a registered charity.
Registered in the Republic of Ireland No: 90791 Registered Charity Number CHY6399