Friends of the Elderly Ireland, working to alleviate loneliness and isolation amongst elderly people, is seeking applications for the position of Programme Coordinator for their Dublin Centre based at 25 Bolton Street, Dublin 1.
Friends of the Elderly Ireland is a registered charity in Ireland CHY 12003
Hours: 35 hours per week
Days & Times: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm
Main Purpose: To coordinate Befriending Services for older people who feel lonely and socially isolated and to assist them to engage within their community.
The position reports to the Manager-Friends of the Elderly Ireland. In this post you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering a high-quality befriending service to older people.
- Identifying older people who would benefit from receiving our service, carrying out relevant assessments of their needs, and introducing an appropriate volunteer to befriend them.
- Monitoring and supporting these relationships to ensure that appropriate support is being provided.
- Helping to support older people to remain independent in their own homes with improved quality of life, health and social connections.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers.
- Managing the day to day administrative business of the organisation including accounts and general enquiries.
- Organising and coordinating trips and events.
- Overseeing the Friends of the Elderly Schools Programme.
- Overseeing the volunteers in our Charity shop.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the service.
- Degree in Social Care or related discipline or working towards qualification.
- Appropriate and relevant experience will also be considered.
The person appointed will have:
- A genuine interest in working with older people and helping them to develop within a social context.
- A non-judgemental approach to people.
- Some experience of volunteering or working in the voluntary sector.
- An understanding of the motivation and support needs of volunteers.
- An ability to organise yourself, prioritise workload and organise others.
- An ability to get on with people from all walks of life.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Effective IT skills.
Training & Induction
- Initial orientation to FOEI & the programme.
- On-the-job training.
To apply for this post please forward your CV and cover letter outlining your particular suitability for this position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org post to Bernie Curran , Manager, Friends of the Elderly, 25 Bolton Street, Dublin 1.
Applications sent by post should be marked Job Application on the envelope. Applications sent by email should have Job Application in the subject line.
Please provide your email address and daytime phone number.
You may also include any documents that you feel will be relevant to the assessment of your application.
A minimum of two referees will be required in due course and Garda Vetting.
Closing date for the application - 24th of April 2019
Short-listed applicants must be able to attend for interviews at our offices in Bolton Street.