Minorities Resource Worker
Reference No: MRWSW0419
Location: South West Regional Office Tuckey Street, Cork
Duration: Permanent Part Time
Hours: 22.5 Hours per week
Published: 08th April 2019
Closing Date: 4pm Monday 29th April 2019
The Minorities Resource Worker will work with the Traveller, Roma, Direct Provision and any other minority community, by liaising with service providers, SVP conferences and staff to assist the delivery of appropriate supports to them. Job Holder should be educated to Leaving Certificate level, however an office administration / secretarial or computer course would be beneficial.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in social care/ community work or a related area. This will be a significant advantage, however, applicants with significant work experience in the area of working with minority communities who do not have a degree will be considered.
- At least two years of experience of working with minority communities in a similar role an advantage.
- At least two years of experience as a community worker or in a similar position.
- Experience of working with multiple agencies to help those in the community.
- Emotional intelligence with excellent communication skills in the context of being able to communicate effectively with minority groups.
- Experience of writing reports and maintaining records of clients’ needs
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please fill out the attached job application form and submit it to email@example.com or post it to: HR, SVP House, 91/ 92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer