NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Guardian ad Litem & Rehabilitation Office
Centre Manager – Elk Lands
As part of GALRO’S ongoing development and structural changes within our residential services, we invite applications for the post of Centre Manager for Elk Lands, Newbridge Co. Kildare. The house Manager will report to the Person in Charge of Elk Lands.
The main duties of the Centre Manager are as follows:
- Work with vulnerable children to help them identify their current support needs and future aspirations, and consider how these can best be met, in consultation with the PIC.
- Will be a leader who is capable of taking the hard decisions and commanding the trust and respect of their team, whilst at the same time, being a team player.
- Formulating suitable care plans for each resident in consultation with multi-disciplinary professionals and significant others.
- Provide suitable supervision and care for all residents in the service to ensure each residents safety, security, dignity and general welfare is preserved.
- Support care staff in their role to care for residents and implement care practices in line with operational policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate transport ensuring all safety standards are implemented.
- Complete and support social care staff to complete and keep records up to date.
- Ensure notifications as required by regulations, Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013 are kept.
- Review and update admission records.
- Carry out record audits.
- Attend meetings and take minutes.
- Type and circulate draft minutes for approval.
- Participate in on-call roster.
- Level 7 Degree in social studies
- At least two years’ experience in social care or other health care discipline
- Full, Clean Driver’s License.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
An attractive salary is offered for a 39 hour working week.
Written applications with CV in strictest confidence to HR, GALRO, Mill House, Killashee Street, Longford, Co Longford. Telephone 043-3349991, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 16th April 2019