NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant – Part Time 24 hours per week
Location: St Joseph’s House Stillorgan and other locations associated with the Catholic Institute for Deaf People, Cabra, Dublin 7
Contract duration: Permanent
To assist the Financial Controller in the effective management of the finances of the organisation, including the production of the annual finance budget, the management of cash flow and the production of management information for all stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
Working with the Financial Accountant to;
- Generation of sales journals, monitor Debtors and prepare analysis for the business
- Invoice entry, processing payments run and Creditor’s ledger reconciliations
- Journal preparation and entry for the preparation of the Management Accounts
- Process Monthly Payrolls, Journal postings & Revenue Returns
- Manage and reconcile resident finances
- Reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts and Petty Cash
- Complete detailed analysis of various P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Assist with the annual audit and any other stakeholder audits
- Other finance project work as required from time to time
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience):
- 2/3 years’ experience in a busy accounts department in practice or industry
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or qualified Accounting Technician
- Experience in a charitable organisation an advantage but not essential
- Good communication skills
- Experience using accountancy software essential
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
- Ability to work under pressure to daily/weekly/monthly deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Willingness to embrace ad hoc responsibilities outside of the accounting role in order to meet our client’s requirements
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by close of business on Friday 19 April 2019.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP are subject to Garda Vetting.
HR & Governance Manager