IT, Data & Records Officer
Sonas is the country’s largest provider of frontline support services to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. We work across the Greater Dublin Region in a multi-site capacity.
Our services are client-centred; the needs of victims of domestic abuse shape our response. We provide effective quality services and that includes effective information and data management. We know we can do better…
Sonas has invested significantly in its IT and data systems in recent years in recognition of their importance to delivering services.
We are now looking for someone to use these information systems to:
- Optimise current service delivery to clients
- Use data to provide an evidence base to inform and shape future service development and policy positions
- Lead out on our commitment to transparency and accountability by ensuring we provide the relevant reports to our stakeholders which includes our partners, our primary funders Tusla and The Department of Justice
- Ensure Sonas is ready to respond to any regulatory or legislative changes in the area of data management
Job Title: Information, Data & Records Officer
Responsible To: Head of Services
- Continuous development of the organisation’s reporting database.
- Further implement the organisation’s record retention, distribution and storage policies.
- Providing the necessary support to ensure the data accountability, transparency and regulatory requirements of the organisation are met.
Location: Aston Quay, Dublin 2
Terms & conditions:
- 40 hours per week
- Salary negotiable, depending on experience
- 26 days annual leave
- 2 year contract, renewal subject to funding
- Maintain Sonas’s Salesforce database; help to design new/improved functionality as required and coordinate the implementation of this with an external vendor.
- Provide organisation-level reports to be used at management level for: services delivery and development and external funder/regulator requirements.
- Ensure database manuals are kept up to date and distributed to all Sonas support teams.
- Organise regular database training for new and existing staff to ensure usage skills are learned, maintained and developed as well as ensuring high standards of accuracy of data.
- Ensure continued compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Implementing the organisation’s record retention, distribution and storage policies for paper and digital records.
- Oversight and implementation duties for Sonas’ computer network, including first point of contact for our external IT support provider and management of hardware and software
- Manage Telecom requirements for Sonas staff
- Keep a log of all IT and telecoms assets used by staff and work with the Head of Internal Services regarding asset replacement and upgrades
Adhere to all Sonas policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Health & Safety, Security and Confidentiality.
- 2 years+ experience of managing a database. Experience of Salesforce CRM advantageous
- Relevant third level qualification in IT or industry certifications
- A strong systems thinking approach
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong organisation and multi-tasking skills
- Highly professional, comfortable dealing with all levels in the organisation and external agencies
- Approachable, efficient and can do attitude
- A high level of integrity and trust with confidential information
- Experience working in the charity sector advantageous
The above Job Description is a guide to the general range of duties and is neither definitive nor restrictive and will be subject to periodic review
To Apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter addressed to Geraldine O'Neill: email@example.com