NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Shift Support Worker (30 hours per week Permanent Contract) x 2
Sophia is a national organisation, which provides a range of accommodation and support to people who are out of home. Our headquarters are based in Dublin 8.
We aim to provide safe and innovative projects for vulnerable families and individuals which will enable them to make a positive difference in their lives.
In this creative environment we now have the following employment opportunity: Shift Support Worker Cork
Sophia Housing is seeking 2 committed, professional Shift Support worker’s to work hands on in our Cork Project. The successful candidates will work on a shift rota with families and individuals living in Sophia accommodation. He/she will support the core team on the daily running of the project, this would include contact with service users alongside practical office administration. The role will include facilitating group work, routines in the home and property management among other duties.
The Successful Candidates will have:
- Minimum requirement NSQ level 8 in social care or related discipline i.e. addiction, social work, psychology
- No less than one year’s experience working with this client group
- An understanding of the issues affecting people who are homeless
- Knowledge around child protection issues, mental health issues and addiction
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Proficient IT Skills and knowledge with a database
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written are essential.
- To have excellent report writing and record keeping skills.
To apply for these position please forward CV and cover letter to Nora Marie O’Keeffe via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm Tuesday 16th of April 2019. Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting.
Please be advised that a panel will be created for further job opportunities in other services within Sophia from these interviews unless you request otherwise.
Sophia Housing Association is an equal opportunities employer.