Assistant Community Employment Supervisor
Age Action is Ireland’s leading advocacy organisation for older people.
Age Action works to ensure that older people’s voices are heard at the highest level of Government and that the lived experience of older people informs policy responses to their needs.
Age Action strives for equality and human rights for each of us as we grow older.
Age Action works under four themes; Health & Wellbeing; Ageing in Place; Lifelong Learning; and Equality & Rights. Our programmes are designed to ensure that older people are supported to be active, engaged members of their community whose voices are heard at all levels of service planning and policy
Community Employment (CE) Scheme
The Community Employment (CE) programme is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed and other disadvantaged individuals to get back to work by offering part-time and temporary supported placements in jobs based with host organisations within local communities.
Age Action Ireland’s policy is to ensure that the CE Programme is an integral part of the whole organisation and that all staff funded under the CE Programme are members of a team and directly responsible to the appropriate programme manager. The CEO has overall responsibility for ensuring the integration of the CE Programme into the rest of the organisation and for supporting the supervisor and assistant supervisor in implementing this policy. Within this policy the essential purpose of the CE Supervisor and Assistant CE Supervisor is to maximise the number of participants that progress to employment or further training by ensuring they receive high quality work experience and training.
Age Action is looking for a full-time Assistant Community Employment Supervisor. The successful candidate will report to the Community Employment Supervisor on all aspects of the programme.
Age Action’s work is influenced by a set of core organisation values. The Assistant Community Employment Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all activities and processes under their remit are conducted in line with the organisation’s values.
- A major 3rd level qualification (NFQ Level 6 or higher) in business/financial administration, training, human resources, project management or related disciplines
- Skills relevant to people management through previous work experience
- Relevant experience of the Community Employment Programme in terms of the administration and day to day running of the scheme
- Previous experience in office administration
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Able to meet targets and manage conflicting demands
- Knowledge of issues in relation to the community and voluntary sector desirable
- Excellent communication both verbal and writing and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and professional approach to work
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Community Employment Supervisor in all aspect of the CE Programme
- Registering vacancies with Jobs Ireland and Local Employment Services
- Carrying out analysis of training skills and needs for assigned staff
- Agreeing training needs with staff and source effective training
- Monitoring and evaluate training and personal development inputs
- Liaising with team leaders who are responsible for training and providing work experience for staff funded under the CE Programme
- Liaising with the Department of Social Protection on all issues relating to recruitment, termination and transfer of staff
- Keeping up to date the Individual Leaner Plan (ILP) and advise the Supervisor on any issues in relation to any aspect of the ILP
- Implementing the training and development opportunities which have been approved by the Department of Social Protection
- Maintaining employer database
- Maintaining a training records system for each participant on the project
- Guiding and mentoring participants
- Communicating effectively with all participants using team meetings and individual formal and informal ‘one to one’ meetings
- Assisting participants in seeking employment in implementing an exit plan
- Referring participants to Local Employment Services and Local Jobs Clubs
- Assisting participants with CV Preparation and interview techniques
- Fully participate in training provided by the Sponsor and the DSP
- Assist in ensuring the CE scheme is compliant with financial and programme and training monitoring requirements as detailed in the CE Operating Procedures
- Carry out all reasonable requests of the CE Supervisor
Conditions of Service
This is a full-time contract subject to a probation period of six months. The post is based at our offices at Inchicore, Dublin 8. In addition, the successful candidate will be included in the Company's Death in Service Benefit Scheme. The salary scale is €429.50 to €542.84 gross per week based on the Department of Social Protection (DSP) rate for the post.
Applications by letter outlining your suitability for the post (maximum 300 words), quoting job reference 2106955, with CV and contact details of two referees by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 22nd April 2019.
Age Action is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and we do not accept discrimination of any kind. We are keen to recruit colleagues with a range of experience, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender re-assignment, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status or maternity status.