NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED SOCIAL WORKER
Applications are invited for the above full time permanent position from all suitably qualified individuals.
Stewarts Care Ltd. is a voluntary organisation providing comprehensive community based services to people with an intellectual disability. We support people with a wide range of support needs across residential settings, day services, supported independent living, job advocacy and vocational training.
Purpose of the Post:
The successful candidate will plan and deliver Social Work services within Stewarts Care ensuring a high quality person centred service to children and adults with intellectual disabilities in line with best national and international practice.
The successful candidate will join a busy and experienced department that provides a range of Social Work services to adults and children with intellectual disabilities, including assessment of family needs, a range of advisory, practical and skilled emotional supports to families and service users, using core social work skills. Group work, safeguarding and training work are also important aspects of the role.
It is an opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills, across a broad range of services and age groups within experienced well established Multidisciplinary teams. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Social Work.
To be considered for this post; applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Applicants must be registered in the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU.
- Maintain live annual registration on the Social Workers Register maintained by the Social Workers Registration Board at CORU.
- Applicants who satisfy the conditions set out in Section 91 of the Health and Social Care Act 2004 must submit proof of application for registration with the Social Worker Registration Board at CORU. The acceptable proof is correspondence from the Social Worker Registration Board at CORU confirming their application for registration as a An Section 91 applicant.
- Relevant Qualification in Social Work (either MSW or NQSW)
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience as a Social Worker in the area of intellectual disability.
- Experience in providing clinical supports to adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Full driving licence.
Salary and qualifications are in accordance with Department of Health & Children Regulations and HSE consolidated pay scales.
Job description may be obtained by contacting the HR Department.
Applications should include CV and cover letter:
Email: HR@stewartscare.ie or by Post: HR Dept., Stewart’s Care Ltd, Palmerstown, Dublin 20.
Closing date: 19th April 2019.
Stewarts Care Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer