NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Part-time SICAP Community Development Officer
County Wicklow Community Partnership CLG is a Local Development Company that delivers a range of social inclusion, enterprise, employment and community development programmes for individuals and communities in County Wicklow.
County Wicklow Partnership has been awarded the contract to deliver the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 by the Wicklow Local Community Development Committee for the municipal districts of Baltinglass, Wicklow and Arklow. SICAP 2018-2022 aims to reduce poverty and promote social inclusion and equality in Ireland through supporting communities and individuals using community development approaches, engagement and collaboration.
To this end, County Wicklow Partnership wishes to appoint a part-time Community Development Officer. The role of the Community Development Officer is to drive community engagement and development work with a view to increasing civic participation; health and wellbeing across our communities through focussing on priority actions within our programmes. The role also seeks to actively engage communities in making sense of the issues which affect their lives, setting goals for improvement and responding to problems and needs through empowerment and active participation.
The duties of the Community Development Officer will include:
- Apply a broad range of community development and engagement processes and practices to assist CWP and the community to identify and implement local priorities
- Build relationships and networks with residents and community groups to encourage their participation in local activities and projects, with particular emphasis on hard to engage /disengaged residents to strengthen civic participation
- Supporting local communities to engage in collective action and form / re-establish local community groups
- Assist skills development of potential community leaders, volunteers, community groups and local representative working groups (committee) members
- Develop professional working relationships with all target group members, stakeholders and target groups and maintain regular communication throughout the development lifecycle
- Coordinate and deliver pre-developed training programmes for individuals in local communities e.g. a parenting training courses, youth training programme
- Monitor satisfaction levels of individuals and groups engaged with
- Adhere to the guidelines of the Programme(s) and operational procedures within CWP ensuring strict adherence to them at all times
- Keep appropriate and up-to-date records of all project activities and prepare and update client and group records in adherence with use and data protection policies
- Prepare reports on programme activities and actions as requested by the Board, CEO and Programme Manager
The position is for an initial one-year contract in a half post position [0.5 WTE] with a pro-rata salary.
Applications by post only to:
Applicants should submit their CV as well as a letter of application outlining your suitability for the role to ‘Private & Confidential Part-time Community Development Officer’, County Wicklow Community Partnership, 3RD Floor, Avoca River House, Arklow, Co. Wicklow. For a full job description please see the News section of our website: www.wicklowpartnership.ie.
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 19th April 2019
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview. Candidates selected for interview will be notified on 22nd April 2019 and candidates must be available for interview on Monday 29th April 2019.
Canvassing in any form will disqualify
County Wicklow Partnership is an equal opportunities employer
“The Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) 2018-2022 is funded by the Irish Government through the Department of Rural and Community Development and co-funded by the European Social Fund under the Programme for Employability, Inclusion and Learning (PEIL) 2014-2020”