Role Title: Volunteer Coordinator Manager
Status: Part-time 18.75 hours, fixed term
Location: Carmichael Centre, North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7
Reporting to: CEO HADD-ADHD Ireland
Salary: €21,250 (the full time rate for this position is €42,500)
ADHD Ireland’s mission is to make life better for people affected by Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD). For the last 35 years, we have been dedicated to providing as much up-to-date information, resources and networking opportunities to individuals with ADHD, parents of children with ADHD and the professionals who serve them.
In order to carry out our work, we rely heavily on a base of volunteers across the country to facilitate our support groups and other activities. We are now at an exciting point of our evolution and are seeking to recruit a dynamic and innovative Volunteer Manager to coordinate all volunteer activities and support key events.
This is a central role within the organisation and involves coordinating key events that involved the volunteer network throughout Ireland and also supporting and empowering the volunteer programme.
Volunteer & Event Manager:
- Responsibility for recruitment, motivation and develop teams across the country
- To work alongside the Service Development Manager ensuring that key milestone and KPIs are being met
- Recruit, screen, interview and train new volunteers
- Actively maintain and retain the volunteer base by monitoring, supporting and motivating volunteers and their work
- Manage all aspects of volunteer administration, including: report generation, updating records, management of Garda vetting applications and updating the volunteer section of the website as required
- To work with the Service Development Manager to coordinate key events throughout the year, to ensure there is sufficient volunteer cover for all events, schools visits and presentations etc
- Recruit, motivate & schedule volunteers for fundraising events
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector or events industry or 2 - 3 years’ experience in volunteer coordination/management
- Highly motivated self-starter with the initiative and drive to think creatively, identify volunteer recruitment opportunities and build strong relationships
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects and demands simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, confident in PowerPoint & Excel etc. Knowledge of Eventbrite and other marketing tools such as Mailchimp an advantage
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles—experience with volunteers preferred
- Experience in database management (Salesforce or equivalent)
- Team player
- Confident public speaker
- Commitment and empathy to ADHD Ireland’s programme goals and mission desirable
- Additional experience in fundraising, social media management and/or marketing would be highly desirable
- Travel around the country will be a part of the role, access to a car and procession of a full clean driving licence is preferred
This position initially will be for 18.75 hours per week
The contact is for 12 months (to be renewed subject to funding)
The salary for this position is €21,250 per annum (based on 18.75 per week)
If you would like to have a confidential chat about this position please call Ken Kilbride CEO ADHD Ireland on 01-874 8349.
To apply for this position please email your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is 5.00pm on the 26th April 2019. All applications will be replied to and it is expected to hold interviews w/c 13th May 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!