NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
ARC was founded 25 years ago in 1994 and is a registered independent Irish charity that supports men and women affected by cancer and their loved ones. All of ARC’s services are provided free of charge. ARC offers psychological, emotional, educational and practical support, complementary therapies and counselling services to people affected by cancer from anywhere in Ireland. The services are provided by professional staff, qualified therapists, and trained volunteers in a warm, welcoming and confidential environment.
ARC’s centres are strategically located near the designated centres for cancer care, the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital on the north side and St James’s Hospital on the Southside. We are also opening a third centre in 2019. Our clients attend whichever centre suits them best no matter where they or their loved ones are being treated.
The organisation has seen large increases in its client numbers in recent years and expects this to increase over the next few years as cancer case incidents and survival rates increase. As a result, they are seeking candidates for a new position, Operations Manager.
Essentially they are looking for someone who is well organised, develops and operates efficient and effective systems, enjoys administration, but who also is very much a people manager who will enjoy working with numerous professionals and volunteers who are the lifeblood of ARC’s service delivery.
Operations Manager (full time):
- Execute the strategic and operational plans of ARC in relation to service provision and quality of delivery
- Ensure that quality and health and safety are at the forefront of service provision, that risks are assessed and facilities are maintained to a high standard
- Plan, budget, organise, source and manage the current and future resourcing of ARC’s team volunteers, directly employed staff and outsourced, to meet the demands of clients, as part of the Management Team
- Directly manage the services team and manage the induction and ongoing training of staff and volunteers
- Deal with all administrative and organisation elements including contracts, rosters, holidays, facilities, operations of the sites, therapist invoices, etc.
- Develop a performance management culture as well as clear communication of the team's progress in meeting its performance objectives
- Build relationships with all service providers
- Maximise the utilisation of all resources
- Update and manage all relevant policies and procedures (risk management, safety statements, data protection, etc.), including relevant parties where necessary
- Build IT capability and maintain up-to-date databases of service users and suppliers (Salesforce)
- Complete administrative reporting requirements in relation to external funders and client statistics and submit to CEO
- Carry out continuous review of services to ensure client satisfaction, delivery efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Actively participate as part of the Management team and attend or support board and subcommittee meetings with reports/updates as required
- Provide cover for Service Administrators/Centre coordinators in relation to leave
- Work flexibly regarding working hours and travel between ARC locations as required in order to meet the operational needs of the service and organisation
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ operational management experience leading & inspiring professionals and/or volunteers to deliver results
- Sound knowledge of a client/service focused industry including planning, managing, budgeting and reporting systems
- Track record of managing client and staff relationships
- Experience in positively engaging with stakeholders within and external to the organisation
- Highly proficient IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, etc.)
- Previous experience of recruiting and managing staff training and development
- Previous experience of understanding compliance needs and standards in the charity or related sector
- Ideally some facilities management exposure
- Previous knowledge of health and safety and risk management
- Ideally third level qualification in HR, Business, Social or Medical care or other related discipline
Note: the chosen candidate will be Garda vetted
Please send your CV and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with applications no later than 18th April 2019.