Midlands Regional Information and Support Officer with responsibility for training and co-production
Based in Tullamore, Co. Offaly covering 4 counties (Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath)
Part time 21 hours per week
Salary €16,998 per annum
Regional Information and Support Officer with responsibility for training and co-production
To promote the aims and objectives of Shine in accordance with strategic and operational plans, as these pertain in the region.
The Information and Support Officer will report to the National Training, Support and Awareness Team Leader
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support of Phrenz, Relatives and discussion group(s) (peer support groups) in the region
- Supervision of the facilitator(s) of the support group(s)
- Provide information to individuals and groups about Shine services
- Sustain and develop the recovery and empowerment model, which is an integral part of the work of Shine
- Liaise with other voluntary, statutory and community organisations in the region, in order to promote the aims and objectives of Shine
- Planning, preparation and delivery of Shine’s education and training programmes.
- Evaluation of training programmes
- Facilitation of Shine’s workshops and discussion groups.
- Liaison with Information and Support Officer with responsibility for individual and group support to develop training programmes in the region.
- Promotion of all Shine midlands services.
- Develop and provide presentations on all Shine’s services.
- Developing relationships with organisations in the region to increase participation in Shine’s educations and training programmes.
- Work in close liaison with the Regional HSE
- Keep all accounts as deemed necessary and adhere to Shine’s financial and accounting systems
- Maintain both hard copy and computing filing systems in accordance with Shine’s established practice
- Provide monthly reports
- Attend meetings as required
- Undertake such other duties as required by Shine
Essential qualifications and skills required:
- A recognised third level primary qualification in relevant discipline example (Social Care, Humanities, Nursing)
- At least 2 year’s post qualification experience working in a relevant field
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of mental health
- Ability to maintain professional standards with regard to clients and data confidentiality
- Full Drivers licence with own car essential
- An empathetic and non-judgemental approach to working with marginalised groups
Application is by official Shine Application form ONLY. CV’s will not be accepted. Send your completed Application Form in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com.
Application Deadline: 5pm on Friday 26th April 2019
CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT
All offers of posts are subject to Garda Vetting approval and completion of HSELand Children First E-learning programme prior to commencement of employment.
As part of the recruitment process, you provide personal and sometimes sensitive information about yourself to Shine. Shine is committed to having safeguards in place in keeping with current regulations. This applies to all data collected and processed, whether collected on paper, stored in a computer database or recorded on other media. For more information about your rights please read the attached Personal Data Privacy Statement. Registered in Ireland. Reg. No. 70462 Charity No. 6380
NOTE: Due to the anticipated large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to unsuccessful candidates. We thank you for your interest and appreciate the time and effort you have taken to apply for the post on offer.