NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Belgard Community Centre
Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Part Time - Community Centre Manager
Summary: The Part Time Community Centre Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the daily operations of the Community Centre. This includes reporting to the Centre’s Board of Directors, the management and engagement of clients and activities and general staff management. He / She will be the main point of contact for the Centre and, in line with the Community Centre’s Mission, will endeavour to provide a positive focal point for the local community in an inclusive way through the provision of a space which supports the promotion of participation in educational, recreational and community activities, whilst maximising the use of the Centre. The Centre is open from 09.00 am to 9.00 pm - over three shifts - Monday to Friday and when required Saturday and Sunday.
Reporting to: Centre’s Board of Directors
Working Hours: 20 hours – must be flexible over 5 days and willing to do weekend work when required.
Location: Belgard Community Centre, Belgard Road, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Tasks will include but not limited to:
- To act as the main point of contact for Community Centre.
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the Centre including handling cash, accounts packages, bank lodgment, etc.,
- Develop close working relationships with stake holders, and local community groups to ensure that there is suitable healthy environment for everyone using the Centre.
- To promote local community involvement, help local people identify their needs and to assist in developing programmes to meet those needs on an on – going basis.
- Designs, develops and recommends new programs, projects and activities in consultation with the Board of Directors towards the full implementation of objectives, policies and decisions of the Board.
- Market and actively promote the Centre to obtain new clients and engage with the community and increase awareness and footfall into the Centre. To market and promote the Centre and all the projects and services offered within the Centre at every appropriate opportunity, in order to advance the interests of the Centre and ensure maximum uptake and positive impact for the local community.
- To co-ordinate, supervise, support, direct and motivate all Community Centre and all other staff which may be employed in the Centre in the future.
- To attend monthly Board meetings.
- To write reports, financial returns etc. as required by the Centre and funding agencies
- To liaise and develop relationships with relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and local community networks.
- To develop The Belgard Community Centre Clg. Policy in conjunction with the Board of Directors, in relation to such things as a Staff Handbook, Health and Safety policy, etc.
- To keep an overview of the Community Centre finances in consultation with the company treasurer, book keeping service and the appointed company accountant.
- To monitor and evaluate all project within the Centre as requested by the Board of Directors and/or the Centre funding agencies.
- To participate in all relevant training programmes and to identify and assist in the training needs of staff.
- To maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to Centre’s users and general Centre’s business.
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors and/or the Centre funding agencies.
- To source and gain information on any additional funding opportunities for the Centre and complete all relevant grant applications.
- To have excellent problem solving abilities and have the ability to resolve challenging situations in a calm, effective and timely manner.
- To represent the Centre during projects by responding to and resolving emergency situations and ensures all aspects of projects/events are implemented and controlled according to plans.
- Respond to initial enquires including showing potential hires for the Centre around, answer the telephone, reply to emails, using online tools etc.
- Produce letters, reports and other documentation as directed.
- To recruit Centre community participants and members utilising most appropriate promotional methods, such as individual letters, leaflets, brochures or presentations at meetings.
- To recruit Centre staff utilising most appropriate recruitment procedures in line with CE and Tus and other programmes.
- Maintain appropriate, filing systems and records.
- Ensure effective maintenance of building – including the supervision of contractors and others regarding work in the Centre.
- To complete any other tasks to further develop the aims of the Belgard Community Centre Clg. as requested by the Board of Directors.
Skills & Experience
- Strong staff management experience
- Experience of Managerial, Financial and Administrative duties
- Coordinating and prioritizing work and activities of self and others.
- Background in community /sports / voluntary sector would be an advantage
- Communicate effectively across business
- Experience of Managerial, Financial and Administrative duties.
- Experience of organising meetings an events
- IT literate with advanced experience of accounts packages and Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including welcoming and friendly manner
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative
- Ability to communicate with wide and diverse range of groups and individuals
- Must have a proven work and attendance record
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience in community Centre’s or similar projects.
- Excellent business communication and writing skills
- Valid driver’s licence and car owner.
- Relevant Post Leaving Certificate Qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications.
Applicants for this role are requested to submit a letter of application and copy of CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 17th April 2019, Interviews will be held the week of the 29th April in the Belgard Community Centre. The successful applicant will be required to complete a child protection course and to acquire Garda Vetting.