SOS Kilkenny clg
SOCIAL WORKER PERMANENT
Job Title: Social Worker - SOS Day Service, Supporting Adults with an Intellectual Disability.
Job Location(s): SOS Kilkenny Clg. (based on the Callan Road Kilkenny).
Reporting To: Senior Social Worker.
Hours: 37.5 Hours per week.
Salary: Linked to Professionally Qualified Social Worker Grade.
- Ensuring that the rights of service users and their families are respected.
- Identifying unmet needs and making recommendations accordingly.
- Working with frontline staff, managers and other clinicians in devising and implementing care plans for service users and support plans for families.
- Participating in case conferences, case reviews, team meetings and other meetings as required.
- Designated Officer for safeguarding vulnerable adults at risk of abuse.
- Participating in the admissions and discharge processes as required.
- Ensuing adequate records are maintained and reports furnished as appropriate.
- Maintaining good communications and relationships with all other disciplines and staff within SOS.
- Participating in planning, policy formation and research as required.
- Having a good working knowledge of current legislation and organisational policies and procedures and acting in accordance with organisational guidelines and procedures.
- Carrying out such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
(This is not an exhaustive list of all duties but is rather a guide to the role).
Professional Qualifications / Experience
- The person appointed will hold a professional social work qualification in Social Work (NQSW/CQSW) or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants must be registered with or in the process of registering with CORU.
- Have at least 2 years relevant professional experience in Social Work.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Competent and confident IT Skills.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Experience in working with people with an Intellectual Disability.
Interested applicants should e-mail an up to date Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com