(Open to Public Competition)
Family Carers Ireland is a charitable organisation which was established following the merger of two long standing charities: The Carers Association and Caring for Carers.
As a result of merging, we are now in a position to provide;
- One strong national voice for Carers based on a shared vision for the future.
- Best practice, contacts, experience and influence on behalf of Carers.
- More resources for services and supports.
- Better planning and engagement with statutory agencies at national, regional and local levels.
Role: Project Administrator
Purpose: The purpose of this role is to provide administration support to the Carer Supports Development Manager and the Financial Controller in the delivery, implementation, evaluation and finances of the Dormant Accounts project “Empowering Family Carers” which will encompass three key areas i.e.
- Engagement and Support
- Information and Resources
Reporting to: Financial Controller with a dotted reporting line to the Carer Supports Development Manager
Location: Family Carers Ireland, Market Square, Tullamore, Co. Offaly
Contract Duration: Fixed term contract until June 30th 2020
Hours per week: 37: Monday – Thursday 9 am – 5.30 pm and Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Administrator will be responsible for the following tasks;
- Responsible for input of all purchase orders and monthly creditor payments.
- Maintenance of all financial records related to the Dormant Accounts funded project.
- Ensuring all documentation is in line with Dormant Account regulations.
- Completion of Dormant Account drawdowns and reconciliations.
- Provide administrative support to the Carer Supports Development Manager including;
- Sourcing/booking suitable venues for training, “Listening to Carers” Forums, Rights and Information sessions, Workshops and Conferences.
- Ordering, printing and distributing information booklets/toolkits.
- Advertising and promotion of training sessions and Carer conferences,
- Maintaining participant record details (i.e. from training and information sessions).
- Maintaining training attendance records, evaluations and other statistics as required.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by management.
The successful candidate should possess the following experience, skills and attributes:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in an Accounts Payable role/function.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other relevant software and internet applications essential.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systematic and highly organised in approach to planning, organising and prioritising workload and dealing with tight deadlines.
- Focused on task completion, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the workings of QQI training programmes or related accredited training is desirable.
- Fluency in the English language is essential.
- Full drivers licence.
Applicants are invited to submit their up-to date CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, March 24th 2019.
Family Carers Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund.