Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following position:
Informal enquiries to Siobhan Bryan, Chief Executive Officer 045 532220
Muiríosa Foundation supports individuals (and their families) with an intellectual disability and/or autism to live self-directed, connected and fulfilling lives. Currently we employ over 1,100 staff and operate across seven counties – Laois, Offaly, Westmeath, Longford, Meath, Kildare and Tipperary.
Service Vision Statement:
Individuals living out a life which:
- Best reflects the individual’s will and preference
- Connects the individual to a rich network of relationships, with a nucleus of strong, committed, personal level relationships at its core
- Is inclusive and valued
- Is meaningful and fulfilling
Focusing and organising our resources and capacity to ensure that the individual has access to the range and level of supports which he /she requires to experience a self-directed, connected, inclusive, meaningful and fulfilling life.
- Respecting the dignity of the individual
- Actively valuing the uniqueness of the individual
- Respecting the capacity for autonomy of the individual
- Working in solidarity with families
- Building inclusive and diverse communities
Focus of the Regional Director Role
- Ensuring that the individuals experience is optimally aligned with and driven by Muiríosa vision (as profiled in the recently revised strategic formulation, see attached) – while compliance with statutory regulations remains an imperative, realisation of Muiríosa vision sets a higher bar than compliance regulation per se;
- Strengthen awareness and effective promotion of Muiríosa’s vision of getting a life- embedding self-direction, individualised supports, inclusive relationships, and the leveraging power of social valued roles.
- Review current allocation of resources to ensure that they are optimally aligned with strategic objectives and efficiency;
The Regional Director is a senior executive role reporting directly to the CEO and exercising a high level of devolved autonomy across all major operational functions.
This is a challenging position requiring high levels of initiative, creativity, team-building, sophisticated communication capacities, personal and interpersonal resourcefulness.
We are seeking a candidate who registers strongly across this profile of attributes. Experience of the disability sector is desirable. Previous managerial experience is essential.
As part of the interview process applicants will be asked to deliver a 10-minute presentation on the subject of his/her orientation and proposals for promoting and progressing the vision and values set out in the Muiríosa Statement of Vision, Mission, Core Values, February 2018
Interested candidates should apply by submitting a CV and cover letter indicating your motivation for applying and suitability for the role of Regional Director to Olive Leonard, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
These positions will be remunerated at Management Admin Grade 8 subject to ratification by the HSE. The position will initially be based in Laois.
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 29th March 2019 @ 3pm
Provisional Interview Dates: 10th/11th April 2019
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.