- BA/BS degree.
- 2 years experience in homeless services or working with vulnerable/ disadvantaged groups.
- Knowledge of services in the Homeless sector
- Understanding of why people become homeless and the needs they have.
- Record keeping and report writing skills.
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to delegate effectively and motivate self and others.
- Client-focused, adaptable, accountable, organised individual.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour, whilst being respectful and professional.
- Team leader or supervisor experience.
- Experience working in a residential homeless service setting.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating action plans.
- Driving change improvement initiatives, team development and systems implementation.
- Passion for helping people, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment with a problem-solving attitude.
About the job:
As well as our induction program, you will be provided with 10 training days throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training to succeed in this role. You’ll report to the Service Manager. Support the service manager to ensure the provision of supported temporary accommodation within Dublin Simon operates effectively and consistently to best practice standards, meeting the needs of service users.
- Support the team and service manager in the delivery of all day-to-day operational functions, ensuring a high quality service, while maintaining excellent health and safety standards.
- Ensuring effective handovers and information transmission for the service to run smoothly.
- Report to the service manager on daily operations and duties status.
- Lead the induction and training of staff in operational duties.
- Incident report management; provide support to staff, implement preventative or corrective actions and recommendations.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of client development programmes.
- Monitor and ensure a high standard of cleaning, hygiene and HACCP are maintained. Direct cleaning staff and be the main point of contact for cleaning contractors.
- Manage maintenance issues; liaising with internal repair and maintenance department and/or relevant departments in DCC.
- Implement, and report on the cash management policy, conducting regular audits.
- Ensure the client feedback management policy and procedure is fully implemented locally and service user participation is developed on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the data protection policy is implemented, making process improvements where possible and audit the service’s compliance.
- Oversee the full service rota. Maintain records in and report on TMS.
- Develop a schedule for policy review and development, seeking feedback and input from team members and drafting policies or policy changes, for approval by the service manager.
- Key-working a small case load, as required, providing quality care and case management support with a focus on move on outcomes.
- Providing support and supervision to specific staff for a given period as required by the service manager, e.g. night staff, staff during induction or probationary period, etc.
- Perform all relevant administration.
Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
7 day liability; Monday – Sunday (8am – 10:30pm). 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 24/03/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800