Dual Diagnosis Support Worker
A new role is being established in Good Shepherd Cork for a DUAL DIAGNOSIS SUPPORT WORKER dedicated to providing support for adults throughout our services including Edel House, Redclyffe, Support and Advocacy, Bruac, Riverview and Baile an Aoire.
The Dual Diagnosis Support Worker will work intensively with people specifically on their mental health and substance dependency issues with the aim of building resilience at times of crisis (including homelessness).
This position will involve working Monday to Friday, 39 hrs per week. Some flexibility will be required around working hours including some weekend work at times. This is a three year contract.
- An accredited addiction counselor/ psychotherapist / nurse or equivalent with mental health and substance dependency training.
- Have an accredited mental health or dual diagnosis qualification.
- Case Management Training
- Work from a Trauma Informed and harm reduction model of care
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with a marginalized population
- Have experience of working with people experiencing homelessness, domestic violence and/or trauma.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager of Edel House the candidate will:
- Establish a caring and supportive relationship with clients
- Support clients on an ongoing basis specifically in their management of their mental health and / or substance dependency.
- Meet the client where they are at and work on the assessment and care plan in collaboration with the key-worker.
- Support staff in their work with people who have mental health difficulties and/ or substance dependency issues.
- Advocate for, liaise with and co-ordinate mental health and substance dependency services.
- Use the Care and Case Management Approach
- Work with people with dual diagnosis
- Reach out to clients currently not able to access our emergency accommodation to support them in their mental health and/or substance dependency.
- One to one work will be carried out as needed throughout the service.
- Support the client to attend mental health and substance dependency appointments.
- Adhere to Health, Safety & Security guidelines at all times
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
For further information on the role please contact:
Colette Foster, Manager, Edel House at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application for the position may be made by completing GSC application form attached to this advert.
Closing date for applications is Friday 29th March 2019 by email to email@example.com.
Applications will only be accepted on the official application form.
CVs will not be accepted.