Children’s Support Worker (Domestic and Sexual Violence)
Applications are sought for the position of Children’s Support Worker (Domestic and Sexual Violence) with Good Shepherd Cork.
Good Shepherd Cork is an independent, Cork-based charity. We provide emergency and longer term accommodation, education, outreach and support services to families, women and children across Cork City and County who are homeless or vulnerable to homelessness.
This position will involve working 20 hours per week. This position will require some evening and weekend work. Flexibility will be required about working hours. The location will vary. This is a one year contract.
Reporting to the Manager the successful candidate will have:
- A B.A. in Early Years Childhood Studies, Child Psychology, Youth Work, Social Care, Social Work or relevant qualification.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience supporting children and families who have witnessed or experienced domestic or sexual violence.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the Children’s First Guidelines for Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the effects of homelessness on the child and family.
- A knowledge and understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s) and awareness of the long term impact of trauma on children.
- Professional, caring and empathetic approach to working with vulnerable adults, children and families.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- A genuine interest in the work of Good Shepherd Cork and commitment to our vision, mission and values.
Please see job description attached to this advert.
To apply please submit your application form and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 29th March 2019