Title: Support Worker
Programme: Homeless Services
The Employer Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3. Crosscare is the social care agency of the Dublin Diocese and is a registered charity. Crosscare delivers services with a servant leadership ethos. Crosscare’s Homeless Services operate a range of residential services targeting adults experiencing homelessness. The services aim to move people out of homelessness and into homes of their own.
Work Schedule: 38.5 Hours per week, 7 day rota (including nights, evenings & weekends)
Salary: €26’198 (Band B3)
Location: 61/62 Amiens St, Dublin 1
Reports to: Project Leader/ Deputy Project Leader
Role & Service Purpose:
To provide a critical service in 24 hour short term residential services to adult men, women, couples and families experiencing homelessness. Those living with us are placed with the aim of our services assisting them to secure a long term home whilst ensuring all supports and personal attributes required to sustain their home are put in place. We are committed to delivering the highest standard of care possible and working closely with other colleagues in care planning and case management in line with the DRHE Pathways Model.
Our services are challenging environments as we seek to achieve an inclusive approach working with people with complex issues.
This role is completely client focused consistently seeking the best outcome for those we work for.
- Provide a high quality service and welcome to all residents of the service, and engage with residents.
- Provide support to Social Care Workers and Night Project Workers in all duties to facilitate the smooth operation of a busy residential facility
- Follow reporting policy & procedures regarding Child Protection concerns
- Support colleagues in all duties including resolving conflict, responding to health issues, premise management, taking referrals and daily operational duties
- To work effectively as part of a team and being open to reasonable requests from Deputy Project Leader or Project Leader/Team leader in order to ensure effective working relationships;
- To work in line with Crosscare’s policies and code of conduct, and the standard operational procedures of the service.
- To ensure all records are maintained accurately;
- Carry out any out of hours admissions following the admissions policy or provide information / access other options for the client. i.e. Pass system;
Fire/Health & Safety
- Assist and/or carry out Fire checks as per Fire policy and procedure of residents & building;
- To observe all Health and Safety policies of the project.
- Ensure that common areas both internal and external are kept clean and tidy, promoting a high quality and clean environment for and with residents;
- Maintenance – address minor maintenance issues as they arise, or report larger maintenance issues to project staff
- Participate in regular supervision
- Identify and attend relevant training
- Minimum Level 5 Qualification awarded by the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) QQI in a Social Care area, Addiction, Youth Work and/or Healthcare
- Clear understanding of Child Protection
- IT Literate and good literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Clearly demonstrated client focus
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience or willingness in working evening/night and/or shift work
- An ability to carry out minor maintenance repairs
Please note applicants must clearly demonstrate the above essential criteria in their application prior to being considered for shortlisting
- Work experience and employment in homeless services, addiction services residential services, community and/or the youth work sector.
Applicants should send their CV & Cover letter showing how they meet the selection criteria & e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to Human Resources Dept., Crosscare, Clonliffe College, Dublin 3.
Closing date for applications will be the 31st March 2019
Crosscare is an equal opportunities employer
Garda Vetting will apply to this role