St Patrick’s Centre (Kilkenny)
Staff Nurse – Permanent Contract
St Patrick’s Centre (SPC) is undertaking a transformation in line with new public policy on disabilities and societal issues in general. We are recruiting staff nurses to provide holistic, person-centred nursing care, promoting optimum independence, enhancing the quality of life for the people we support with intellectual, physical or sensory disability in all aspects of daily living.
Salary Scale: Linked to HSE Salary Scales (Staff Nurse)
- Nursing Qualification in Intellectual Disability, Psychiatric, General, or Children’s nursing. Must maintain annual registration with the NMBI.
- Full clean drivers licence plus business class insurance.
- HSE Land Medication Management Course or commitment to complete same.
- Studio Three Training.
- Experience of working with and supporting people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Experience of working with persons with behaviours that challenge
- Experience of working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as relevant to this role
- Knowledge of clinical and/or corporate governance
- Working knowledge of HIQA standards
- Excellent communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent report writing skills
- Contracts of varying hours
- Salary linked to HSE Salary Scales
- Premium shift rates
- Work-life balance
- Pension Plan
- Fortnightly pay
- Paid leave schemes
- Employee Assistance Program
Applications for this position to be submitted on the attached application form along with a current CV and covering letter to: HR, St Patrick’s Centre, Kells Rd, Kilkenny or email HRDept@stpatrickskilkenny.ie Informal enquiries to Helen Hogan or Adrienne Hayes in HR on 056 7722170.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd March 2019
We look forward to hearing from you!