Muscular Dystrophy Ireland
75 Lucan Road,
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland (MDI) is a member driven, voluntary organisation that provides support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families. MDI seeks to recruit an enthusiastic individual with relevant qualifications and experience for the following position: -
National Head of Services [Full Time]
Location: Head Office, 75 Lucan Road, Chapelizod, Dublin 20
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Contract Type: Full Time Fixed Term Five Year Contract
Background to the role:
This is a new position within the organisation, and the successful candidate will be a key member of the management team. They will be responsible for implementing aspects of the strategic plan related to services. In this role, you will drive forward the services agenda in the organisation, ensuring the right services are available, resourced and utilised by members and their families, and that progress is made on an ongoing basis – striving for better outcomes and supports for our members generally.
- Develop and implement good practice standard operating procedures and ensure these are consistently applied across all regions.
- Ensure quality data is available through the data collection systems - to include a new CRM which is being developed in 2019. The services manager will play a role in inputting into this design.
- Continuing to develop, in consultation with staff and members the core services including family support, respite services, youth services, camps, clinic and first diagnosis support, social activities and any other programmes.
- Participate in monthly management team meetings to ensure monitoring and compliance with Strategic Plan and other agreed projects. Providing the necessary monthly reports on areas such as performance reports on outputs and outcomes of Services Team.
- Liaise with Fundraising and Finance personnel to support the operational plan with a rigorous financial viability assessment and arrive at budgets to support same.
- Develop partnerships with statutory and voluntary agencies on a regional and national basis to maximise delivery of a quality service while maintaining the autonomy and unique identity of MDI and our member’s needs. Work closely with staff to cascade these relationships on the ground nationally through our regional network.
- Support liaison with state agencies e.g. HSE, to achieve optimum service delivery support.
- Support the recruitment and selection process of service delivery posts.
- Manage on a day to day basis the performance of the Services Team to ensure compliance with the Strategic Plan and organisational standards. Building positive and resilient team relationships. The Services Team comprises of Family Support Workers, Youth Respite Workers, Respite Personal Assistants and Volunteers.
- Continue to monitor and audit services countrywide, which will require you to travel as required, ensuring the quality and SOP’s are consistently applied across the country.
- Meet and build relationships with local volunteers and members as required.
- Organise and monitor the provision of external supervision for staff.
- Act as Complaints Officer in the event of any complaints received from members.
- Be responsible for ensuring adherence to Children and Vulnerable Adults Policies and procedures.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Due to the size of the organisation all staff will, from time to time, be required to do duties outside of their job description. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, operational plan and strategic plan.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience of working for people with disabilities and or delivering services to marginalised groups in society.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification and it is likely that you will be coming from a similar environment in a similar role.
- Have strong and capable management skills, with proven experience of being able to deliver strategic actions and operational plans at departmental level
- You will be driven by passion to develop and deliver services that are needed and have a positive impact on our members’ lives.
- Be a strong team leader and an excellent team player – we want our managers and staff to work collaboratively to achieve a better outcome for everyone. Familiarity with the Irish social, educational and medical systems.
- Experience of report writing and data analytics, as well as providing insights into the services potential for the organisation.
- Proven ability of working independently, taking ownership for key tasks as well as being self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have excellent attention to detail, strong administration and time management skills.
- Excellent computer and systems skills especially in the use of MS Office (Microsoft Office Suite).
- A full clean driver’s licence is essential plus own car, as well as the ability to travel across the country as required.
Applications to email@example.com
Closing date - Close of business 5th April 2019
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland is an equal opportunities employer