Tallaght Drug and Alcohol Task Force
Senior Development Officer
(Temporary Maternity Leave Cover)
JOB TITLE Temporary Full-time Senior Development Officer
35 hours per week
The successful candidate will be employed by South Dublin County Partnership (SDCP)
LOCATION Block 3, County Hall, Belgard Square North,
REPORTING TO SDCP (CEO Larry O’ Neill) & TDATF
SALARY will commensurate with experience
Contract: 12 months
- To work with key stakeholders to highlight and respond to the causes and consequences of drug and alcohol misuse.
- To highlight drug harms and policy harms and work to develop more sustainable policy responses to drug and alcohol misuse locally and nationally.
- To assist the TDATF and its Chairperson in providing governance, leadership, guidance and management of the work of the TDATF.
- To work with key stakeholders in the context of the TDATF Strategic Plan 2017 – 2020, and the National Drugs & Alcohol Strategy: Reducing Harm Supporting Recovery. 2017 - 2025
- To work with project promoters and other stakeholders to plan, review and evaluate the impact of funded actions based on agreed outcomes in the TDATF local Drugs & Alcohol Strategy 2017 - 2020
- To facilitate multi sectoral collaboration and interagency working at local and national level.
- To improve capacity at local level to communicate and promote evidence informed strategies and exchange best practice.
- To support and facilitate the development of a strong community based response to drug and alcohol misuse in partnership with key stakeholders.
- To develop appropriate structures to support the participation of various sectors (Community, voluntary, statutory & political) in the work of the TDATF
- To communicate the experiences of members of the community in the TDATF affected by drug and alcohol misuse various strategic and policy fora including specific target groups such as Travellers, other ethnic minorities and the LGTB community.
- To support the TDATF to review emerging needs / and prioritise responses
- To integrate policy and research into the work of the TDATF its sub groups and projects.
- To commission, oversee and manage specific pieces of research on behalf of the TDATF as needs arise
- To ensure the effective management and administration of the TDATF management ltd., including financial and HR management in consultation with the board, staff and finance sub groups.
- To provide staff supervision and ensure staff supervision and support structures are in place
- To perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post, while in office.
Essential qualifications and experience
- A relevant third level qualification and at least 3 years’ experience in the field of addiction, youth work, community development or related field.
- Experience in line managing and supporting key staff
- Demonstrate a good track record in building and nurturing key relationships and partnerships with a wide range of diverse collaborators within government and non- profit sectors at national and local level.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of implementation strategic plans and ability to identify strategically important issues.
- Demonstrate understanding, knowledge and experience of planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Demonstrate understanding of the key principles of community development and experience of working in community settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of partnership and interagency working
- Demonstrate understanding and knowledge of the current national and local policy context within which Drug and Alcohol Task Forces operate.
- Demonstrate experience of overseeing and managing initiatives/programmes to completion.
- Demonstrate understanding and experience of governance, human resource and financial management
- Demonstrate ability to lead a team and to develop, enhance and maintain appropriate collaborative working.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, oral and written communication skills.
- Group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative within a flexible, cooperative and multi-disciplinary team structure.
- Full, clean driving licence.
The role also requires access to a car as post requires travel for work and the willingness to work occasional evenings as required.
Applications will be accepted by post only. Three copies of your CV and cover letter should be addressed to:
Human Resource Department
Nangor Road Business Park
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 12 Noon Wednesday 3rd April 2019 (late applications will not be considered).
Garda vetting maybe required for this position
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer