NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
- Full unrestricted driving licence.
- SafePass (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years direct maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of building materials, health and safety, routine inspections of property and developing repair and maintenance schedules.
- IT literate, accountable, positive individual, who is an excellent communicator.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, with a problem-solving attitude.
Qualification in general maintenance/health & safety/construction.
About the job:
To provide a high quality maintenance service in Dublin Simon Community properties and co-ordinate outsourced repairs where required. Provide guidance and support to colleagues on property maintenance programmes. You’ll report to the Facilities Manager. This role may vary depending on the requirements of the organisation.
- Inspect grounds, facilities, and equipment routinely to determine necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Repair & maintenance of Dublin Simon Community properties.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate outsourced maintenance (which require a qualified contractor e.g. electrical works).
- Source materials, prepare venue, monitor and oversee the maintenance programme.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and report any concerns to management.
- Reporting and logging all completed repairs on a continuous basis and supplying this log weekly to management.
- Support colleagues on property related activities as identified by your manager.
Simon Community Properties - Dublin (95% of the work is Dublin based), Kildare, Meath, Wicklow, Louth, Cavan and Monaghan.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm. 37.5 hours per week. 25 days annual leave.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team. This standard is achieved by organisations that have best practice Human Resource Systems in place, particularly in the area of staff training and development, communication, and staff involvement in the decision making processes in the organisation.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 17/03/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800