St. Senan’s Education Office
(Three-year fixed-term fulltime contract)
Serving the Patrons and Boards of Management of Catholic Primary Schools in the Catholic Archdiocese of Cashel & Emly and the Dioceses of Limerick, Kerry and Killaloe.
The successful candidate will work with the Director and team in the provision of necessary supports to further good governance and management in the Catholic Primary Schools in the Dioceses named above. Responsibilities include support of the Patrons in their dealings with management bodies, Trustees, Dept. of Education & Skills officials, Parents’ Representative groups, and other education partners; support and advice to Boards of Management on matters pertaining to the management of Primary Schools under the Patronage of the Catholic Church.
Essential requirements for the post
- Relevant 3rd level qualification and demonstrated experience in Legal, HR or General Management
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation and issues
- Sound knowledge of employers’ legal responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience of negotiation and conflict resolution
- Evidence of ability to develop, compile, deliver and evaluate training programmes and presentations to a variety of audiences
- Openness to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders within and outside of the Dioceses
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of proficiency in MS office
- Full clean driving licence and own transport
- Flexible attitude and willingness to travel nationally as the work requires.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and engage in a significant amount of travel in support of training and meetings. There may be occasional overnight commitments
- Respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church and willingness to support the Catholic ethos in Primary schools.
Completed application form to be returned via post or electronic mail to:
Recruitment, Diocese of Limerick, Diocesan Centre, St. Munchin’s, Corbally, Limerick or email: email@example.com by 12.00 noon on Friday, March 22nd 2019.
Shortlisting and Garda Vetting will apply in respect of this position.
A panel may be formed from the recruitment process that will expire after 1 year.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Please see application pack attached below.