Would you like the opportunity to work with a leading Irish national voluntary organisation?
Enable Ireland is a leading national voluntary organisation which provides family support services for people with disabilities and their families, in partnership with the HSE and other State and voluntary agencies.
Rachel is a 12 year old child with cerebral palsy. We are looking for a Personal Assistant / Family Support Worker to support Rachel and her family.
“Rachel is bright, creative and funny. She loves to paint, write, visit galleries and cafés. And her greatest passion is cake.”
Rachel’s family are looking for a Family Support Worker to support Rachel at home and at school. They believe it’s important that someone applying for the job should first know a little about their home. So they asked one of the other Family Support Workers to describe it to you. (Thanks Maria).
“Working for Rachel’s family for the last three years has been a pleasure. Her parents are lovely people to work for; kind, down-to-earth and considerate. They are pragmatic, flexible, respectful and appreciative.
The household with two other siblings, is busy, fun-loving and well-organised. It’s a positive environment, a nice home in a nice part of Dublin. The work is really varied and very, very rewarding.” (Maria)
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities
- To facilitate a 12 year old girl with cerebral palsy in all aspects of daily living including assisting with personal and domestic care needs, mobility, accessing services in the community, and support with therapy programmes.
- To facilitate and support her in accessing education and achieving her life goals.
Essential criteria for the successful candidate:
- Experience working with children with disabilities.
- Experience working with families in the community.
- Fetac Level 5 certificate in Health/Social Care/SNA or a nursing/health/social care degree or evidence of working towards same.
Desirable criteria for the successful candidate:
- Qualification in child care, health care, special needs or social care.
- Experience of working with people with dysphagia.
- Up to date First Aid training.
- Experience of delivering personal care in a health or social care context.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Experience supporting a child in education.
Salary: The hourly rate for this post is: from €12.84 to 17.01 (Entry point on scale dependent upon experience)
If you think you like the sound of the job, we’d really like to hear from you.
Please Note – “Because of the personal care duties involved in this job and in line with section 26, subsection 2 of the Employment Equality Act 1998, we ask for only female applicants."
By clicking on the APPLY NOW button you will be directed to the careers section of our website www.enableireland.ie where you can download an application form/job description/person specification and will find instructions on how to apply. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday 29th March 2019
(Applications must be made on the Enable Ireland Application Form only. CV’s will not be accepted)
A panel may be formed for similar vacancies that may arise within the next year.
Enable Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
- The post will be subject to reference checks and may be subject to Garda vetting/police clearance, as relevant
- Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to applicants who are not shortlisted for interview.
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants from all sections of the community.
- The above information serves only as a guide to the advertised position. Enable Ireland, at its discretion, reserves the right to change this prior to appointment