Depaul believes that everyone should have a place to call home and a stake in their community. Our aim is to work with those who are socially excluded and marginalised by providing a quality led service in order to produce the best possible outcomes for those accessing our services. We strive to empower our service users to make choices and decisions about the way they live their lives. We work in partnership with central and local government, housing associations and other non-governmental organisations.
Depaul is an equal opportunities employer, we offer a standard 35 hour working week, generous leave entitlements and a pension scheme. We support all staff with regular supervision and core training.
Depaul wishes to recruit to the following role:
Rota Cover Workers Across our services
Hourly rate of €14.57, guaranteed 65 hours per month
Expected to be available up to full time hours
Shift pattern includes nights, days and weekend work.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to provide support to our organisation’s central services team in Dublin. Depaul is a values-led organisation working with a number of services throughout Dublin and Belfast. This role will report directly to the Local Management Team and be responsible for providing cover during periods of annual leave and absence from the service. They work alongside a fully trained staff team to provide structured day to day support to service users, supported accommodation, food and shelter to service users. This post will involve day, evening, night work and weekend work. It will involve a minimum of 65 hours per month up to 150 hours per month as required by the service.
2. Key Areas of Responsibility
- To ensure that the practical needs of the service users are met (in conjunction with ancillary staff and volunteers); i.e. providing food, laundry, clean bedding, etc.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment and to maintain high standards within the service.
- To work with all service users and to win their trust and respect and to deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner.
- To carry out the relevant duties on specific rotas
- While on shift, to work with other members of the staff team, to make decisions consistent with the project team.
- To ensure that keyworking and support planning is followed through during periods of absence of the key worker.
- To ensure that all information is documented in accordance with communication and recording systems of the organisation and the service. (To include: service user files, health and safety documentation, handovers, incidents, risk assessments keyworking documentation etc.)
- To liaise with outside agencies in order to support the service user.
- To support service users to work in line with their support plan and agreed actions.
- To take an active role in the shift handover
- To carry out building checks and health and safety checks in line with organisational, legislative and service policies and procedures
- To maintain all records of work necessary for the smooth running of the service.
- To ensure that all Depaul Ireland policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of Depaul.
- To respond effectively to service user needs and to ensure that the safety, welfare and well-being of service users are protected throughout your shift, especially at night.
The above list is not exhaustive; additional areas of responsibility may be added over time and flexibility to cover for other staff roles is required from time to time.
3. Person Requirements
- Have at least 1 years’ experience working in the homelessness field or another suitably related area, desirably in a residential setting.
- Have a good standard of education. A Manual handling qualification would be desirable.
- Have an understanding of harm reduction and low threshold working
- Understand why people become homeless and the issues they present with, and what supports can be offered in services to service users with complex needs
- Understanding of risk management principles.
- Capable of responding calmly in a crisis and use your own initiative to deal with incidents as they arise
- Be able to work as part of a team understanding the importance of team communication
- Have an understanding of Health and Safety and the health and safety requirements within a residential setting working with homeless people.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the vision, mission and values of Depaul
Online Application Procedure:
Please apply through our online application process available on our website
For more information, please contact Human Resources:
Tel: 00 353 1 453 7111 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date for all applications: Monday 25th March 2019 at 9am
Panels will be formed from which future vacancies may be filled