SUNBEAM HOUSE SERVICES
Sunbeam House Services provides a range of supports to adults with intellectual disabilities. We aim to empower people with the necessary skills to live full and satisfying lives as equal citizens in their local communities.
Instructor / Supervisor
Permanent Part-time - 25 hours per week
Bray, Co. Wicklow
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Instructor / Supervisor to join our services in a Day Service setting in Bray. As an Instructor / Supervisor, you will be involved in supporting clients to achieve their personal outcomes to build on their potential and to develop positive roles within their day service and community. Working hours will be Monday to Friday.
- To facilitate and implement a person-centered approach for our Clients appropriate to their wishes and goals
- To promote and protect the rights of people in a manner that respects their dignity, their right to make choices and their privacy
- To actively seek new interests and opportunities for people to develop meaningful roles in their communities
- To ensure the overall wellbeing of clients in all areas of their lives including health and personal care
- To assist in the teaching of life skills in cooking, budgeting, cleaning & building confidence
Applicants must hold a QQI level 6 in the area of Training or Education, Social Care, Psychology or foreign equivalent (validated by QQI)
Applicants must have:
- A passion for promoting and empowering those you support
- A team player wiling to lone work as well as working as part of a team
- A knowledge of the New Directions regulations/standards and relevant legislation
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to a car
- Post qualification experience of working with adults with intellectual disability is desirable
Successful candidates will be paid as per the HSE consolidated payscales in line with required qualifications and relevant experience.
Short listing of candidates will apply. Closing Date for receipt of applications: 5pm Wednesday, 20th Mar’19
Sunbeam House Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer