Counsellors for My Options phone line for unplanned pregnancy | March 2019
Part-time Telephone Counsellor (Maternity Leave Cover)
Locum Telephone Counsellors (Sessional work)
Are you interested in joining the My Options team providing information and support to those with an unplanned pregnancy? If so, and you are a qualified, accredited counsellor with 3 years of counselling experience this could be the role for you.
One Family is recruiting experienced, professionally accredited counsellors for the My Options phone line for unplanned pregnancy.
If you are an enthusiastic, committed and experienced professional counsellor who is committed to women’s sexual and reproductive health, who would like to work in a progressive, voluntary sector organisation– you may wish to consider this post.
Extensive training will be offered in unplanned pregnancy counselling, post abortion counselling and telephone counselling skills.
My Options provides the following:
- Counselling and listening support for those experiencing an unplanned pregnancy
- Post-abortion counselling
- Information on abortion, including services that provide abortion in Ireland and abroad
- Information on the options of parenting and adoption
- Signposting and referrals to other relevant, professional services.
One Family is Ireland’s organisation for people parenting alone, sharing parenting and separating families – see www.onefamily.ie for full information. We have been providing non-directive counselling services to women and their families who experience unplanned or crisis pregnancies for several decades.
Candidates need to:
- Have a minimum of 3 years proven counselling experience
- Have a relevant counselling/ psychotherapy qualification
- Be an accredited member of IACP, IAHIP or another professional counselling body
- Have experience of working in a team
- Have a client-focussed perspective
- Be enthusiastic and motivated
- Be well organised with good attention to detail
- Have good ICT skills.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of telephone counselling, online counselling or helpline work
- Have experience of unplanned pregnancy counselling
- Have experience of information provision.
Counsellor role and responsibilities:
- To provide telephone support and counselling on all options for unplanned pregnancy
- To provide information on abortion services in Ireland
- To provide information and support online via webchat
- To deliver post-abortion counselling
- Maintain all quality/professional standards and codes of practice
- Attend relevant internal and external supervisions and trainings
- Maintain all relevant administration, monitoring information and data
- Follow all policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
- To contribute to evaluations, policy, reports, funding applications etc as requested
- To be line managed by the My Options Manager and take direction where appropriate on issues relating to clients
- To maintain the high professional and ethical standard in provision of care to clients.
The service runs between 9am and 9pm from Monday to Friday, as well as Saturday morning between 10am and 2pm. Staff will be required to work day time and evening shifts of 4-6 hours duration.
The part-time Telephone Counsellor position (Maternity Leave Cover) is for 18 hours a week; additional hours may be needed so flexibility will be required. The panel of Locum Telephone Counsellors will provide sessional cover for shifts of between 4- 6 hours duration.
The service will be located in Dublin 7; remote working is not available for this position. The full time (35 hour week) salary scale is €39,311 - €42,799 for the level of skills required; the salary offered will be pro-rata, based on skills and experience.
Informal enquiries are welcome.
A cover letter addressing the required competencies and a CV, including the date of your professional accreditation, should be sent to: My Options Manager, One Family, 8 Coke Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. First round interviews will take place on Friday 22 March with second round interviews scheduled to take place Tuesday 26 March.
Closing date for applications is 10am on Wednesday 20 March 2019.
One Family is an equal opportunities employer