Service: Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force
Job Title: Treatment & Rehabilitation Officer
Reports To: The day to day work will be directed by the Task Force Coordinator
Hours: 37 hours (some evening work required)
Base: Dublin 12 – location to be confirmed.
Salary Range: €46,771 - €57,158
Proposed Interview date: Week commencing 1st April 2019
Purpose of Job
Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force was set up as a model of community led, interagency partnerships to support the reduction of drug-related harms to individuals, families and communities by working in partnership with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sectors on the coordination and delivery of services.
The role of the Treatment & Rehabilitation Officer is to support the development and implementation of the D12LDATF substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sector.
It is expected in the normal course of events that the role will evolve as professional and service demands change.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the development and implementation of the D12LDATF substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders in the community, voluntary and statutory sector.
- To support the development and implementation of the treatment and rehabilitation strategic priorities.
- To support locally based community, voluntary and statutory organisations to develop and implement evidence based treatment and rehabilitation programmes targeted at those most risk of substance misuse.
- Support locally based organizations in the community, voluntary and statutory sector to respond to the needs of those affected by substance misuse through the provision of training on best practice approaches to substance misuse.
- To work with community, voluntary and statutory agencies to implement the National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework and increase collaboration and improve case management and interagency working.
- To work with other agencies within the Dublin 12 area.
- To identify gaps and blocks and develop appropriate responses to substance misuse.
- To support locally based organisations to develop and implement appropriate substance misuse policies and procedures and to maintain the priorities of the National Drugs Strategy (2017 -2025) such as, community action on alcohol strategy Facilitated Reduction Opioid Substitute Treatment, family support, detox and mental health .
- To support and build the capacity of drug users to influence policy and engage in lobbying, advocacy and representation activity.
- To support the wider work of Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force.
- Minimum of a QQI level 7 diploma in Community Drugs Work, Addiction Studies, Community Development or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years paid experience in addiction / community work / community development settings.
- Train the Trainer Qualification or equivalent or extensive experience in facilitating workshops or groups.
- Have a thorough knowledge of drug related issues and their effect and influence on individuals, families and communities.
- Knowledge and understanding of theory in evidence based practice in the field of treatment & rehabilitation.
- Knowledge and understanding of National Drugs policy including Reducing Harm, Supporting Recovery: A health led response to drug & alcohol use in Ireland 2017 – 2025 and the National Drugs Rehabilitation Framework (2010) and National Protocols and Assessment Guidelines (2011).
- Good knowledge and experience of case management and interagency collaboration
- Have experience of high quality inter-agency work, involving community, voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Understanding of community, voluntary and statutory services including services for under 18’s.
- Experience in facilitating training, development and workshops with various groups.
- Effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including IT skills.
- He/she must have administration capacity to discharge the functions of the post.
- He/she must be personally motivated and have the ability to work on their own initiative
- Experience in key working, care planning and case management.
- Access to own transport, and full clean driving licence if required.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning.
- Experience in research/evaluation would be an advantage.
Tenure: This appointment is a whole time permanent position (subject to funding). 12 month probationary period will apply.
Annual Leave: 27 days annually
All CVs with attached cover letter outlining relevant experience to be sent to:
or post to
Dublin 12 Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force
Bridge House, Cherry Orchard Hospital.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019 @ 5.00pm