Role: National Fundraising Manager, Threshold, Dublin
Threshold was founded in 1978 as a registered charity whose aim is to secure a right to housing, particularly for households experiencing the problems of poverty and exclusion. Its principal sources of funding are from Government bodies and private fundraising.
Threshold’s main activities of advice, advocacy and Tenancy Protection to clients are provided from our offices in Dublin, Cork and Galway, via our 1800 454 454 National Freephone Helpline, and online (www.threshold.ie). Threshold is also involved in sourcing accommodation in the private rented sector for people who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless through our Access Housing Unit in Cork.
A vacancy now exists for the position of National Fundraising Manager. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), this senior position is responsible for all fundraising related activities for Threshold. The successful candidate will operate out of the Threshold offices at 25-28 Strand Street Great, Dublin 1. We are re-advertising this post following a campaign in February.
The purpose of the role is to support the organisation’s service delivery by developing, implementing and monitoring the organisation’s fundraising activities against agreed annual targets and objectives. Donor care and donor management are key priorities, through maintaining and growing our existing donor-base. Securing new and robust sources of individual and corporate fundraising will be a major focus area. Current fundraising activities undertaken by Threshold include Direct Mail, DRTV, legacy, trusts/foundation grant-making, tax reclaims, online giving, community fundraising, major gifts and corporate funding.
Leading and motivating a small core team, the successful candidate will be able to work independently and possess an entrepreneurial approach to his/her work. Developing and managing both internal and external relationships is an essential part of the role, including the integration of our broader media messaging with our fundraising work. Indeed, the successful candidate will possess the experience and presence to represent Threshold amongst influential audiences and at events and meetings in order to grow our external relationships and elevate our profile for Threshold’s fundraising work. Experience of digital marketing and communications in order to maximise online fundraising presence and calls to action are vital for success of this role.
1. Deliver on agreed fundraising targets and objectives through:
- Devising a national fundraising strategy to deliver on Threshold’s financial targets
- Developing an annual plan with monthly milestones including investment and income targets
- Enhancing, and where appropriate, changing existing fundraising activities and channels
- Investigating and harnessing new and emerging sources of donations to Threshold
- Leading and motivating the fundraising team to implement and deliver on the strategy and plans
- Integrating and optimising the contribution of staff, volunteers and other stakeholders to achieve fundraising goals
- Building strong working relationships with colleagues across the organisation, as well as Board Members, in order to engage the whole organisation in the fundraising strategy and process.
2. Financial Reporting and Evaluation including:
- Preparing and maintaining a rolling income and expenditure run-rate / forecast in close co-operation with the Financial Controller
- Recording, monitoring and reporting financial progress at weekly meetings with the CEO
- Preparing bi-monthly reports for the CEO and Board
- Carrying out regular evaluations of the overall fundraising programmes of Threshold in consultation with the CEO, Senior Management Team and Board in order to continually improve processes and contributions.
3. Developing Marketing and Communications through:
- Organising and leading the development of effective fundraising promotional materials, both online and offline, which capture the human story of the work we do with people in housing need
- Ensuring the consistent communication of Threshold’s brand and position to all audiences, both internal and external, in ways which resonate with existing and potential donors
- Drafting, sourcing and placing articles, editorial content and other key messages in both online and offline media in order to maximise our fundraising objectives
- Ensuring that the fundraising potential of Threshold’s website is maximised and fully integrated with online and offline channels in order to best facilitate opportunities for donors to give to Threshold
- Representing Threshold, our messages and our asks amongst influential audiences and at external engagements in order to grow such relationships and elevate our fundraising profile
- Attending relevant fundraising fora such as Charities Institute Ireland Fundraising fora, and other fora related to specific aspects of fundraising or with other relevant bodies
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Requirements
- 5+ years proven track record of fundraising in an NGO or similar environment
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organisational and social skills
- Experience of delivering plans across multiple channels
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Proficiency in relevant information and communications technologies
- Knowledge of donor databases such as Salesforce or similar
- Excellent people management and relationship management skills
- Experience of working with Boards in the non-profit sector
- Full clean driving license
Desirable Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years Management experience
- Public relations experience
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent leadership, time management skills
- Team player, with the ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a small dynamic team
- Creative, innovative and problem solving in thought process and delivery.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in writing to John-Mark McCafferty, Chief Executive Officer, Threshold, Stoneybatter, Dublin 7 or by email to email@example.com not later than 11.59pm on Sunday March 31st, 2019.
Threshold is an equal opportunities employer. This job description is intended to outline key duties and responsibilities for this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and activities required. A flexible approach to tasks which arise that are not specifically detailed in this job description will be required.