OFFALY CENTRE FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING
To empower and enable people whose independence is challenged to achieve their full potential.
PERSONAL ASSISTANT (1 Full Time Post)
CLOCHAN HOUSE RESIDENTIAL RESPITE CENTRE
Are you looking for a unique and exciting opportunity to work with adults presenting with various physical and sensory disabilities?
Do you have the passion and strength of character to support people with disabilities, live independent lives?
Offaly Centre for Independent Living invites applications for the role of a full time Personal Assistant to work in our respite centre.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to join our well established team in Clochan House Residential Respite Centre
The ideal candidate will have
- A minimum of QQI (Fetac) level 5 Major award in Healthcare Support
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the area of physical and /or intellectual disabilities
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively on a one to one basis with services users of various backgrounds and disabilities.
- Completion of SAMS (Safe Medication Management)
- Fluent written and spoken English with excellent report writing skills and IT skills.
- Flexibility to cover a range of day /night/ sleepover shifts.
- Possess an understanding of the philosophy and ethos of Independent Living with experience in assisting and enabling individuals in all activities of daily living.
- References from previous employment
- Clean C1 Driving Licence
- Working Knowledge of HIQA standards
- Level 6 or higher in Social Studies is highly desired
- Completion of Manual Handling and People Moving training and the ability to provide in date certification to support this.
- Completion of HACCPS (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) training
To apply for the above position, please send your CV with letter of application to: Lisa Weldon, Person in Charge, Clochan House Residential Respite Centre, HSE Campus, Arden Road, Tullamore, Co.Offaly, R35HP73 or email email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd March 2019