Applications are invited for the following positions:
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS
St. Michael's House is a community based organisation committed to providing a quality person centred service and high standard of living to people with an intellectual disability in the greater Dublin area. St. Michael’s House is committed to providing individualized supports to people so that they can enjoy experiences, opportunities and lifestyles similar to their peers.
Vacancies exist for full-time and part time permanent Social Care Worker positions. These opportunities are available in our Residential Services in North Dublin.
The successful candidate will assist in the day to day running of the service including promotion of quality service which is client centred within a multi-disciplinary environment.
Key duties associated with the role:
- Support people who use the service
- Promote and nurture person centred planning using key worker systems and shared goal setting, maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Identify supports and work in partnership with the individual, their family and other supports as outlined within individual plans
Essential Criteria for Applicants:
- Experience working and supporting with people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Possess experience of working with service users with a dual diagnosis of ID and mental health
- Full Clean driver license and be willing to drive for work purposes
- Experience working with Families, Clinicians and building links in the community
- Have experience of implementing positive behavior support programmes.
- Have experience of a key working role, focusing on promoting independence and community integration.
Essential Qualification required:
Hold one of the HSE approved qualification- see below if you don’t hold 1 of the below you will not be shortlisted. The successful Social Care Worker candidates must have the following
- QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Arts in Applied Social Studies (Disability) - Open Training College;
- Level 7 award in Social Care/Studies delivered by an Institute of Technology, DIT or National University of Ireland;
- A qualification received outside the State recognised by NARIC as equivalent to the Irish Level 7 award.
Salary Scale: Successful candidates will be paid in line with October 2018 HSE revised consolidated Social Care Worker pay scale point 1; €31,921 – point 14; €46,216 per annum based on working a 39 hour week
Should you have no prior public sector experience you will be placed on point 1 of the pay-scale above.
Closing date extended to: 5th of April 2019
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
To apply: Email a cover Letter and C.V. to email@example.com including written explanation for any gaps in employment. Please include the reference number in the subject line of the email. Please include a valid email address as this is the way you will contact.
Please note that a six month panel will be formed from this competition from which future vacancies may be filled.
St. Michael's House is an equal opportunities employer.