COPE Galway provides supports services for people affected by Homelessness, women & children experiencing Domestic Violence, and for Older People.
COPE Galway helps to Improve Quality of Life in a Home Of Your Own by Supporting Home, Promoting Community & Reducing Isolation.
We are currently looking to recruit for the following position:
Community Support Worker - Senior Support Services
The focus of this service is improving and promoting well-being and quality of life issues identified by older people; preventing isolation for those at risk, who live independently in their own homes.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Providing one to one support to older people living in the community who are isolated or at risk of isolation
- Liaise with voluntary and statutory agencies as appropriate in relation to the needs of the residents Assist residents when filling in forms and making applications for a range of supports and services
- Explore options to increase numbers attending existing Lunch Clubs
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good standard of education, preferably in the Social Care or related field
- An awareness of entitlements and up-to-date knowledge of best practice in working with Older People
- Experience of working with Older People/ vulnerable groups
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of advocating for individuals with a range of statutory and voluntary services
This is a one year contract for approximately 25 hours per week
Further details and application form are available from: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 20th March 2019
Satisfactory Garda Clearance is required for this position
COPE Galway are an equal opportunities employer