- 15 x Permanent Person Support Workers- Required due to new service development
- Full-time, Part-time & Relief Person Support Workers
- St Margaret’s- Community Houses in the Dublin region (Drumcondra, Ballymun, Finglas, Cabra, Clontarf)
St Margaret’s is currently recruiting person support staff to work in our growing and service supporting individuals in the community. We are an innovative residential service that is supporting individuals who are moving or who have moved from institutional settings to permanent homes provided by local city council and housing associations. The role of the person support staff is to assist in creating opportunities for people with disabilities in their local community by developing valued roles through membership and involvement in voluntary groups, social and leisure activities, employment, education and by developing endearing and meaningful relationships.
We are looking for people to bring their life experience to support people to live a life of their choosing. The candidate will be required to demonstrate the ability to work in a meaningful way with the individual, have effective communication skills and the interest in supporting the individual to have an ordinary life similar to others of that age through advocacy, mentoring and empowerment. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own and as part of a team, be flexible, empathetic and demonstrate resilience.
Successful applicants will be trained, mentored and supported in all aspects of the role, and will receive on-going professional development
- Desirable but not essential- a third level degree in social care or related field, QQI certification and/or experience working in a capacity of supporting individuals with a disability, those marginalised by society, community development or advocacy, special needs assistant
- This position is subject to successful Garda Vetting, medical review and references
- Work locations may include Clontarf, Drumcondra, Cabra, Finglas, Ballymun, Clontarf, Ranelagh, Crumlin, Tallaght, Churchtown, Kimmage, Ballycullen, Firhouse
- Successful candidates may be rostered over a 7 day working week with day, night time and sleepover shifts.
- The role will require a shift pattern roster inclusive of sleepover and night shifts and supporting individuals on holiday breaks.
- The post holder must be able to work within a team as well as lone working and be an active and contributory member of the staff team, using own initiative to drive the service forward.
- Desirable but not essential- full driver licence.
- Company pension with company contribution
- Career progression
- Flexible contracts and working hours
- Sunday/bank holidays paid at double time
- Sleepover payment
- Educational Scholarship Programme
- Job Diversity
- Specialised training
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Flu vaccines
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Applications close 30/03/2019.
- Training and induction to commence end of April- successful candidates must be available to attend all training
- All applications should include CV & cover letter and can either be emailed or posted to:
Head of Person Support Services
Telephone: 01 217 5400
Fax: 01 260 2606