NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
- BA/BS degree. Ideally in marketing, PR, sales, events or business.
- Ideally 1-3 years experience in marketing/events administration/coordination.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Outgoing, creative, organised, meticulous and excellent communicator.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire a wide spectrum of supporters and sponsors.
- Experience of working in events fundraising and/or the non profit sector.
- Experience of working with data and CRM database, ideally Raisers Edge or Salesforce.
- Experience of developing innovative donor/consumer facing TTL creative campaigns.
- Passion for helping people, with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment with a problem-solving attitude.
- Understanding of homeless issues in Ireland.
About the job:
This is an exciting opportunity for an imaginative, enthusiastic and passionate person looking to develop a career in marketing. As Direct Marketing Officer, you’ll design and deliver direct marketing campaigns and manage fundraising events. From developing relationships with supporters to working with agencies, you’ll manage Dublin Simon Community’s fundraising initiatives, helping to change the lives of our clients. You’ll report to CRM Services Manager. As well as our induction program, you’ll be provided with additional training throughout the year, ensuring you have the support and training needed to succeed in this role.
- Research and develop new innovative marketing campaigns to reach and target both Dublin Simon and new audiences, in order to deliver return on investment, in line with strategic plan objectives.
- Support the planning and project management of all direct mail campaigns and evaluate success.
- Create and manage the annual direct marketing calendar for the fundraising department to maximise revenue from current and new donors via various channels – direct mail, telemarketing, online, etc.
- Develop a testing plan to trial new concepts and approaches, to deliver an annual growth plan.
- Support in the development of donor journeys to nurture and deepen supporter relationships.
- Plan and deliver new digital strategies for raising funds and digital personalisation initiatives to improve donor engagement.
- Conduct regular post campaign analysis and present to management.
- Design and deliver an engagement programme of experiential activity designed to build and deepen the relationship between the donor, the client and the organisation. Reactivation of dormant supporters is a key focus for such activity, as well as supporting the acquisition of new and the retention of active supporters.
- Develop innovative and creative activity to increase brand visibility with the aim of exciting and engaging existing supporters and acquiring new donors.
- Project manage and coordinate a number of key events, building positive relationships with donors
- Delivery of activity and events including pre-planning, production of materials, project management as well as identifying new opportunities to support growth.
- Establishing key reporting metrics to assess success and on project by project basis.
- Carry out research to understand the Irish market and trends in supporter behaviour.
- Analyse supporter response to relevant campaigns, identify weaknesses and suggest solutions to correct.
- Support the CRM Services Manager to prepare an annual budget projecting anticipated revenue and expenditure.
- Reporting on key metrics and KPI’s on a regular basis.
- To prepare and deliver presentations, proposals, plans and reports as required.
- To evaluate and document partnership, manage, monitor and co-ordinate donor satisfaction and complaints, ensuring all activity is recorded accurately on the database (CRM).
Location: Cope Street, Dublin 2.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday (9-5:30pm), including some evening and weekend commitments.
At Dublin Simon Community, we are passionate about making home a reality. Our aim is to empower people to access and retain a home by providing housing, prevention, addiction treatment, emergency response and other targeted interventions, through advocacy and partnership. If you share our values and want to make a difference also, come talk to us at Dublin Simon Community. We’re looking for client focused, friendly and adaptable people to join our team.
Apply for the position
Application due date: 17/03/2019
For queries relating to this position please telephone (01) 635 4800