NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following positions:
LAOIS COMMUNITY SERVICES
POST A: Part Time Permanent 36 hours/ fortnight POST B: RELIEF (if and when required rosters)
Please quote the following job reference on your application / email: LOCB038B
Informal enquiries to: Zita Kelly: 0879982391 / Mary Ramsbottom: 0876852643
We are seeking to recruit motivated and enthusiastic candidates to join our well established team in Laois. Our focus is to support individuals with Intellectual Disability and/or autism to live the life of their own choosing in the most ordinary way possible. The emphasis on each individual realising their own vision of a good life and being connected in an ordinary way within their own local community is paramount.
The ideal candidates will be creative, caring and driven to advocate appropriately on behalf of others, with an understanding of the importance of Person Centeredness, creating opportunities with people within their local communities. Successful candidates will have an allocated location within our Laois services and will be supported by a Person in charge or local manager.
- On the live register of Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI), RNID – other disciplines considered.
- An ability to demonstrate the knowledge required to support the development and implementation of individualised person centred plans which supports the realisation of the individual’s vision of a good life.
- Understand the requirements regarding assessment of and appropriate responses to the health and care needs of each individual as they arise. The ability to lead and support junior colleagues in this regard.
- Understand and be committed to promoting community presence in a meaningful manner.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount to the role.
- Willingness to work alone as required and cover a variety of rosters e.g. day shifts; overnights and weekends as required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to work closely multidisciplinary team members.
- A knowledge of our requirements within regulation and the importance of providing a quality vision focussed service. Including requirements regulated by HIQA and a commitment to Safeguarding and Children First requirements.
- Full current driving license.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and IT Skills.
- Local knowledge and established connections within the Laois Area.
- Experience supporting people who may present with Behaviours of concern.
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, (applications must be typed) submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045532295 during office hours.
Applications will not be accepted without the relevant job reference i.e LOBC038B
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 15th March 2019 (interviews – 25/26 March 2019)
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.