NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Valuing life, helping people build meaningful lifestyles.
We are seeking to recruit to the following positions:
COMMUNITY RESIDENTIAL AND DAY SERVICES
SOCIAL CARE WORKERS / SUPPORT WORKERS / CARE ASSISTANTS
RELIEF (if and when required roster)
Please quote the following job reference on your application / email: LOCB038A
Informal enquiries to: Pauline Magee: 0870998179 /Caroline Colgan: 0879982375 /Noeleen Earle: 0873563596
We are seeking to recruit motivated and enthusiastic candidates to join our well established team in Laois. Our focus is to support individuals with Intellectual Disability and/or autism to live the life of their own choosing in the most ordinary way possible. The emphasis on each individual realising their own vision of a good life and being connected in an ordinary way within their own local community is paramount.
Successful candidates will have an allocated location within our Laois services and will be supported by a Person in charge or local manager.
- Relevant recognised Diploma in social care / Applied Social Studies in social Care (Level 7 on National Framework of Qualifications), or, FETAC/QQI level 5 Major Award in Healthcare Support/Health Service Skills or equivalent; or willing to complete same.
- An ability to demonstrate flexibility and reliability is paramount to the role.
- Willingness to work alone and cover a variety of rosters e.g. day shifts; overnights and weekends as required.
- Full current driving license.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Commitment to work closely with multidisciplinary team members.
- An understanding of and commitment to promoting community presence in a meaningful manner.
- Previous experience supporting adults with Intellectual Disability and/or Autism.
- An ability to demonstrate the knowledge required to support the development and implementation of individualised person centred plans which supports the realisation of the individual’s vision of a good life.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and IT Skills.
- Local knowledge and established connections within the Laois Area.
- Experience supporting people who may present with Behaviours of concern.
To apply: Please complete an Application Form, Applications are available at www.muiriosa.ie, (applications must be typed) submit documents by email to the Recruitment Officer as per the last page of the application or by post to the Recruitment Officer, HR Dept, Moore Abbey, Monasterevin, Co Kildare).
If you are unable to download an application form please telephone 045532295 during office hours.
Applications will not be accepted without the relevant job reference i.e LOBC038A
Closing Date for receipt of completed applications: Friday 15th March 2019
Please note that for each position a panel may be formed.
The Muiríosa Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.