VOLUNTEER SUPPORT OFFICER
Midlands + North East (CHO 08)
ALONE support older people to age at home. We provide direct, frontline services to people aged 60 and over, through the coordination of supports, volunteer activation, housing with support and the application of knowledge and technology. We have more than 1200 Volunteers and 140 plus homes for people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
You will recruit, train and engage with our Befriending Volunteers, ensuring they are supported in their Volunteering role. The goal is to continuously enhance our services and to reach out to Older People across Ireland. The first 1 month will be spent at our Head Office in Dublin 8 where you will receive induction and training from our services and HR Departments. You will also be helping build our Volunteer infrastructure and learning about our Support Coordination service. You will advocate for services for older people in and across all care settings, to enable and empower older people to age well at home.
- Promote ALONE’s Befriending Services throughout the community.
- Deliver ALONE’s recruitment and training programmes and process all reference and Garda Vetting checks for volunteers.
- Work with ALONE’s Service Staff to ensure that all newly trained and vetted volunteers begin befriending visits within the specified timeframe.
- Maintain good communications with volunteers, ensuring that feedback and training needs are collated and responded to in partnership with the local team and ALONE’s Head office departments
- Support volunteers to work safely and to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with older people.
- Be the first point of contact for volunteers when issues arise.
- Develop and implement programmes that promote the continuous improvement and engagement of volunteers.
- Develop local volunteer leadership programme and collaborate with Volunteer Leaders to coordinate and deliver social events in your region.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognising Volunteer efforts
- Assist with identifying local activities / events that both older persons and their volunteers can participate in.
- You may be required to undertake additional duties or tasks as required.
Skills and Background
- Previous experience working with Volunteer engagement, older peoples’ services or in social care is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good organisational skills.
- The ability to work under pressure, multi-task and to resolve problems is essential.
- Proficient in an IT-rich environment. We use Microsoft Office and Salesforce CRM.
- An understanding and appreciation of the principles and approaches to community activation is desirable.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence. Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach. Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate. Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date. Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems. Our core values are Partnership, Innovation, Dignity and Respect for the Individual, Transparency, Companionship and Non-Judgemental.
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35 hour work-week in a good environment. It is expected that after the initial 1 month training & induction that the role will be remote with 80% of your time covering HSE CHO8 (Louth, Meath, Westmeath, Longford, Offaly, Laois), and 20% spent in our offices in Dundalk & Dublin, hence the ability to drive and being a car owner to perform this role as is essential. Some evening work will be necessary to deliver some training and engagement programmes.The starting salary is €28,000 per year. These terms are subject to change.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com. The position remains open until filled.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please at www.alone.ie