ALONE provides Housing with Support, Support Coordination, Befriending, BConnect training and technology, and campaigns for change to hundreds of older people every week, who are homeless, socially isolated, living in deprivation or in crisis.
This full time role involves working as a Projects Officer within the recently established Projects Unit in ALONE. Supporting the Projects Unit Manager in developing the ALONE Projects Unit which reports directly to the office of the CEO. The Projects Officer will support the development of new programmes and initiatives and act as Project Lead on identified pieces of work. The Projects Officer will act as an ambassador for ALONE at all times and ensure that the company is creating best practices for all stakeholders involved.
You will report directly to the Manager of the ALONE Projects Unit.
- The Projects Officer will work within the ALONE Projects Unit and will assist on developing new strategic level projects in all 9 CHO areas.
- The Projects Officer will assist the Projects Unit in planning the development of ALONE’s services hubs in all CHO areas for the 2019-2023 cycle.
- Act as a Project Lead on certain programmes identified by the Projects Unit Manager and ensure that all projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- To identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of projects and work to identify potential solutions.
- The Projects Officer will closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. They check regularly that every deadline is still possible, and report any potential delays to the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all potential projects are aligned to ALONE’s goals as identified in the Strategic Plan 2019-2023.
- Responsible for providing clear and accurate Project Management reports for the attention of the Projects Unit Manager, CEO, the Board of Management and external stakeholders.
- Will work as part of a team that is responsible for promoting innovation and maintaining momentum in launching and delivering sustainable growth and development projects.
Skills and Background
- Educated to degree level and relevant experience working in the sector.
- Self-motivated person who is committed to ALONE’s mission is essential.
- Able to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality, discretion and respect is essential.
- High level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to network and negotiate effectively with individuals and groups, within ALONE and outside is essential.
- Previous experience in project management experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of the not for profit sector would be beneficial.
- Good computer literacy required. Excellent organisational skills, report writing, managing meetings and multi-tasking is desirable.
General Requirements for all ALONE staff
- Work to enable older people to remain at home with quality of life and independence.
- Work professionally and confidentially and in line with ALONE’s rights and evidence based approach.
- Participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- Keep all records, data and reports up-to-date.
- Participate in the development and implementation of ALONE’s Quality Management Systems.
Our core values are Compassionate, Honest, Innovative, Effective
The position is full-time and dependent on annual funding. We work a minimum 35-hour work-week in a good environment. The position will be based at our Head Office in Dublin. The salary will be dependent on skills and experience. We require flexibility around the role and staff may be asked to move between departments and locations. All staff support fundraising communications and campaigns. These terms are subject to change.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com. The position remains open until filled.
ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website please at www.alone.ie