NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Safeguarding Officer – Sunshine House
Reference No: SGOSHBE0219
Location: Sunshine House, Balbriggan, Dublin
Duration: Fixed Term Seasonal – Summer Months, End May/ June - August
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Published: 27th February 2019
Closing date: 4pm on Wednesday 20th March 2019
The Safeguarding Officer will co-ordinate the operation of the Sunshine House Holiday Programme and in particular will oversee the day to day care and welfare of children attending Sunshine House. The focus of the role is child centered. The Safeguarding Officer will be fully involved with the team leads and volunteers each week, and available to guide, advise, draw attention to potential risks, liaise with parents, and make reports to Tusla if required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following;
- A childcare/social care qualification to at least level FETAC 8 or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience working with children and young people.
- Experience developing and delivering training (including child safeguarding training) to volunteers.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills Self-motivated with excellent team leading skills.
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of record keeping and databases.
- Experience coordinating residential projects.
- Experiencing in team leading or supervising staff or volunteers.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations please go to www.svp.ie/jobs for details on how to apply including a full job description and application form.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer