NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is the national organisation representing, promoting and developing co-operative housing in Ireland. Since our foundation in 1973 we have provided over 5,000 homes through home-ownership, shared ownership and social rented co-operatives. With our membership of democratically controlled local co-operatives, we continue to manage 2,000 homes across Ireland as well as providing a network of childcare services in our communities.
As one of the leading national voices for co-operation in Ireland we collaborate with other co-operative organisations to promote our model. We are members of the Community and Voluntary Pillar of Social Partnership and participate in numerous forums on housing and social policy. Internationally, we are members of Housing Europe and the International Co-operative Alliance, including its sector groups; Cooperatives Europe and Co-operative Housing International.
We are an Approved Housing Body and registered charity. We are looking for a Building’s Officer (Technical) to carry out and assist with all technical related works such as (but not restricted to) part of a customer focused responsive repairs team.
- Service Delivery
- Responsible for ensuring all repairs are completed to a high standard
- Responsible for (but not restricted to) the effective delivery of responsive repairs and planned maintenance services.
- You will ensure that the work is undertaken in a timely manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
- You will manage customer enquiries, responding in a professional manner coordinating with the service manager
- To ensure that debriefs are provided to the Service Manager for all jobs.
- To be available to receive and respond to all job allocations.
- Be able to take charge of situations but also be aware of ones limitations
- Ability to produce high standard records
- To inspect and quality control contractors work and report on same
- To report and confirm job details and estimated time on location to the Service Manager to enable appropriate job scheduling.
- Work on own initiative to ensure that all repairs are carried out efficiently to ensure the right level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Health & Safety:
To take personal responsibility for your own health, safety and welfare and that of colleagues in the workplace and ensure a clean, secure and safe working environment.
Key competencies required in the role:
- Proven experience in various technical areas of building services
- Proficiency in the use of IT, ability to incorporate IT into various tasks (where required)
- Knowledge of building structures, building fabric, mechanical and electrical systems
- A working knowledge of lifts, pumps, fire safety systems
- Good knowledge of heating/plumbing systems
- To be willing and eager to learn and expand knowledge of the above
- Customer care management
- Company focus
- Innovation & Change Management
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Team Work
- Leadership skills
Education / Qualifications;
- An acknowledged technical trade (a distinct advantage, but not essential – relevant proven experience with references will be considered)
- Safe Pass (an advantage but not essential)
- Manual handling (an advantage but not essential)
- MEWP/cherry picker ticket – an advantage but not essential)
- Any certification/training in the areas of fire safety systems or lift maintenance etc a distinct advantage, but not essential
Conditions of Employment
Travel & Subsistence
Travel and subsistence will be paid at public sector rates.
A company vehicle may be provided.
Annual leave will be 22 days, exclusive of public holidays.
Co-operative Housing Ireland offers a defined contributions Pension Scheme. Employees have access to the scheme on successful completion of their six-month probationary period.
Location of the position
The successful candidate will be located in the Dublin region with potential travel nationwide. Occasional travel and attendance at meetings and events on evenings and weekends will be required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is noon Monday 18th of March, 2019
Selection will involve short listing of applicants for interview based on applications and CVs submitted. The short-listing selection criteria are based on the requirements of the job as outlined in this job description.
Co-operative Housing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes suitably qualified applicants from all sections of society.