Health & Safety Officer
A vacancy has arisen for a Health & Safety Officer in South Dublin County Partnership. South Dublin County (SDC) Partnership is a local development company primarily funded by the Irish Government to bring together local communities and state agencies to tackle the problems of unemployment and social exclusion. We develop projects and services to support sustainable and vibrant communities where people can realise their potential and experience a high quality of life.
- Implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Organise PPE requirements for all employees, including liaising with suppliers and managing PPE accounts
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees and general Health and Safety training for existing employees..
- Conduct regular inspections and building audits, reporting findings to company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with in a timely manner. .
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to Management, the Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Promote the Company mission of being a healthy, injury free workplace.
- Hold a relevant Qualification in Occupational Health and Safety (Level 8 Diploma/Degree)
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar Health and Safety role
- Training qualifications : Manual Handling, Fire Safety and Occupational First Aid
- Hold a full, clean Driving license
- Excellent IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong excel skills
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills
Applications will be accepted by post only. Three copies of your CV, cover letter and completed application form should be addressed to:
Human Resource Department
Nangor Road Business Park
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 12 noon Tuesday 19th March 2019 (late applications will not be considered).
Garda vetting maybe required for this position
South Dublin County Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer